Car rental help

What is the best way to get a good price on a car rental? I'm heading down for Oct 15-29 and car rentals are pretty $$ right now. Is it usually possible to get a good last minute deal from LAX?

Go to carrentalsavers.com and book the best deal you can find, then keep checking back for better deals, as there is no penalty for cancelling.

Thanks, I was thinking that reserving and then cancelling if I get a better deal was the best option! I can't believe how much more expensive everything is compared to Disneyworld, I think it would have been cheaper even though it's way farther for me.

This is odd, because normally car rental out of LAX is far cheaper than MCO. Also, people have reported stupid low prices in the past, like $2 a day.

If you have a Costco membership, I would definitely check there!! Any time we've rented a car, it's been way cheaper through them. And you can cancel any time up to 24 hours before the reservation pickup time, so if the rate goes down then you can make a new one with the cheaper rate and cancel the old reservation.