Cape May, Tusker House to reopen!

To answer my own question, it looks like breakfast starts seating at 7:30 for breakfast at Cape May.

2 Likes

What did you think of Biergarten post-COVID? We are considering for our trip. We want to eat TS in all pavilions over course of a couple of tripsā€“have Biergarten, La Hacienda, and China *which isnā€™t open) left to go. So this trip is toss up between Biergarten and La Hacienda. Biergarten post-COVID is intriguing, same food basically but no sharing tables and no buffett, which I am not a fan of. Did you guys enjoy?

We very much enjoyed! Itā€™s one of our favorites anytime. My husband grew up in Germany so the food is our favorite. And my kids arenā€™t very picky but they also love it. I was never really anti-buffet, but having it all brought to your table is great! And our waitress was actually German so we got to chat with her a bit as well.

I have to say we did miss the sharing of tables because that makes it feel authentic and it was a little odd that it was ā€œfullā€ but so empty! But that made it easy for my son to dance to the music in the aisle next to our table. The show is great as usual.

2 Likes

I think the breakfast is a good deal, condering itā€™s all you can eat. The dinner maybe not so much? Definitely not the add-ons.

I love breakfast so Iā€™m looking forward to trying it out. Itā€™s less expensive than Whispering Canyonā€™s breakfast skillets, at least. (Which Iā€™m also planning on doing)

1 Like

Thanks for the good review. I like the idea of the live entertainment after no such entertainment for so long at home. And the menu seems interesting enough but some staples the kids will eat-schnitzel and noodles. I have an ADR for this and La Haciendaā€“maybe Iā€™ll see which way I want to go the night before.

1 Like

Just make sure you check the show times. We made a res at Biergarten for 12:00, but the show didnā€™t start until 2 I think (this was a couple years ago). We were long gone by the time they did anything and I was sorely disappointed.

1 Like

Thank you

Saw elsewhere from somebody who is working at Cape May that dinner is also family style, AYCTE in case anybody was wondering about whether the entree part was AYCTE. Each table starts with a turf platter and the seafood boil. I now see thereā€™s also lobster mac & cheese (which they didnā€™t mention). And thereā€™s portobello steak or tofu platter also available upon request. $42 seems like a great deal if itā€™s any good.

2 Likes