Capacity Question

Bet u we were up there somewhere in that pic! We left March 8 2020.

3 Likes

We have never done rope drop in all the years we have been going and never will. We typically arrive around 10 and spend all day/night in the parks. Plenty of time to do everything without that craziness.

1 Like

I was there two weeks ago (before the mask mandate and when I left the numbers were not great but better than now). I would not recommend going now to anyone who wants to avoid crowds.

My family much preferred what they called “rope raising” to rope dropping. The parks were much more empty at night* and more relaxing.

*My kids are not into fireworks and avoided the fireworks areas.

3 Likes

Ok, so step 1, Disney brought back indoor masks. What would be the next logical step in preventing the spread of the delta variant? I am thinking cancelling fireworks and nighttime spectaculars. It wouldn’t really cost them anything, and actually might save them money. The nighttime shows were one of the things we really missed on our last trip, so I’m not sure we would want to find out at the last minute that they have been cancelled. (Although, we also wouldn’t want to be in those crowds :thinking:) Trip is looking doubtful at this point.

1 Like

I don’t want to sound rude or mean here, but please cancel your trip. It’s very clear from your multiple posts that you are concerned and honestly it’s just not worth it. It is very crowded everywhere and aside from masks (indoor only excluding restaurants) and now mandating some employees to get vaccinated, I don’t think Disney is going to take any more precautions against the virus. At this point even the gov’t is saying vaccinate yourself and wear a mask and otherwise live your life so I think that pretty much lets Disney and most other businesses off the hook for attempting to protect their patrons.

I know that’s really not what you want to hear, but it’s the truth and I would save your money and postpone.

4 Likes

Agree.
I also have noticed that Universal is not requiring masks for guests. Which makes me think that Disney will probably not go further with restrictions. They don’t want to alienate too many people who will take their money to Uni instead.

2 Likes

We got to Hs today around 3:40. From then until close we went on MMRR, ST, at at DB7, ROTR (twice due to technical issues), MFSR, AS2, SDD, and TSMM. We also walk leisurely and took lots of pics. YMMV but I don’t plan to ropedrop HS at all in the next week! :blush:

4 Likes

This is extremely helpful and encouraging. Thank you very much. Three of us are morning people, and usually are awake and ready to go early. The fourth, not so much. And he’s the youngest (will be 13) so not quite ready to leave him behind.

1 Like

Lucky Duck!

1 Like