(Can't delete, but would if I could)

Thanks—-

But I would stick with we should expect it to be crowded! Go in thinking it’s a 10
And be happy when it’s not.

I’ll
Edit my post— I thought she was referring to last year! Makes more sense now.

2 Likes

fixed it for you

(Meant it to be funny. I find I am happier with Disney when I lower my expectations. It’s not the 2000’s anymore.)

2 Likes

I think it’s key for sure.

1 Like

The posted wait times tell you (usually) what a person that just loaded a ride vehicle waited. They give random guests a red lanyard as the enter the queue and it is scanned as they are loading. Touring plans tells you what you should expect to wait as you enter the queue. There are also timed actual waits of stand by and fast pass lines.

I think touring plans instructions are to start the time when you enter the queue and end as you get to ride vehicle as well. The difference might be population size. I don’t have any insight on how Disney decides what to post!

I didn’t know Disney was doing that! But I suspected that’s what is happening! What CRUD

1 Like

Right, start when you get resistance and end when you enter the vehicle- but that is a timed wait. The expected time is the touring plans estimate as you enter.

Are the expected wait times in the app based on the timed waits reported or based on the crowd prediction data? I assumed they were updated based on waits submitted so want to confirm.

@brklinck, do you know the answer to @newdisneygirl08’s question?

I’m not sure which app you want to know about so I’ll answer for both. The way I understand it is this:

Disney app (MDE) has the same wait time that are posted by Disney in front of the queues.

Lines app posts actual wait times according to what users are submitting ‘‘live’’ (more or less). During my last trip, I heavily used the timer on Lines and submitted my actual wait times that way.

1 Like

I believe the question is about the “expected” wait times on the lines app.

Oh, right. No idea about that LOL :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

According to Len in a response to Do wait times change a few days before a trip?

They definitely change during the day you’re in the park. We have “day-of” models that run every 5 minutes, based on all the wait times we’ve collected that day.

We normally release new wait-time estimates once a month, typically the first week of the month.

2 Likes

Thanks!!

They are based on wait time prediction data, which on the day are influenced by WDW posted wait times and actual wait times reported by Liners.

Also, as a side note, wait time predictions are what determines crowd levels, and not vice versa.

3 Likes

Here’s the problem, though. I timed my rides a few times, but I can tell you that I was not accurate. I might have pulled up the app after standing in the line a few minutes and I know at least one ride (Dinosaur) I stopped the timer and submited when we entered the room with the video, thinking my next stop was the ride vehicle. It wasn’t, but there was no way to get my “time” back to continue.

Also, if you’re tapping on your phone and putting it away when entering the ride vehicle, you’re slowing everyone down, so I hope people are submitting times before that.

Essentially, the “actual wait times” submitted to TP are great, but have to be taken with a grain of salt as you don’t control the submitters. Not saying anyone is intentonally doing something wrong, but we are not robots and do things slightly differently and make mistakes, like mine.

I have actually seen actual times that were submitted that were made up. I remember one time someone was bragging about it on chat. I noticed it one day in MK too. If you’ve made a mistake, you can cancel it but it does rely on touring plans users. I know there were posts in the past regarding how the software accounts for individuals submitting.

1 Like