(Can't delete, but would if I could)

As a courtesy, if anyone reads this, just stop replying please. I clearly am both wrong about how crowded it was an also unable to communicate. thanks.

No one is saying you are wrong, we were just trying to understand your thoughts, please donā€™t take it personally. Safe travels home.

4 Likes

Ditto and also trying to learn and understand what happened so that we can gather info for our own future trips.

6 Likes

I agree @cjandres!! I have seen similar posts on here or Chat and it would be nice if we could get details on what went wrong. Our TP worked perfectly in 2016 when it was predicted a 7/8 on most days and ended up being 10sā€¦ so Iā€™m surprised that they were not working for the OP.

2 Likes

With regard to following at touring plan I think it is not so much about a touring plan not working for the OP as it is about the parkā€™s restaurants, walkways and every other non-queue space being congested. Which would be the direct result of over-inflated posts wait times which were observed by others in this thread. Over-inflated posted waits have also been observed by the TP staff.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I am going to call bs on the Disney is overinflating wait times argument. Do you or TP have any statistically significant studies to back up that theory? Sorry, but TPā€™s arguments earlier in the year donā€™t have enough data to back up their claims.

I donā€™t mean this to be a personal attack. But I think reasonable people can question the validity of TPā€™s CL estimates based on recent history.

1 Like

This is by no means a study and is surely anecdotal, but I experienced this myself last November. It was pretty obvious. The wait times on Line app were often significantly shorter than Disney posted times and we waited in many a line in which the wait time was very close to Line info and less than the Disney info.

1 Like

It has been very very widely reported recently, including by TP! In fact it was just addressed on a podcast I listen to this week.

I never said people canā€™t question TP or the crowd levels. But in all honesty the oh she was complaining that they saw the crowd level of three when it was predicted to be an eight and Iā€™m not quite following the logic of getting upset over that.

If you donā€™t mean this as a personal attack, you might want to work on the delivery of your message. Because on this side of the screen it feels quite personal.

6 Likes

Edited due to misunderstanding

Itā€™s too Bad OP was disappointed. Might be a good reminder for everyone to set expectations as crowded then if you get lessā€” hooray!

Sorry if you took it as a personal attack. I probably could have softened my tone to you. FWIW I find you to be a very helpful contributor to these forums.

My message was intended as a criticism of TP. I have no doubt TP has been reporting it. I feel TP is using it as an excuse to justify the less than stellar performance of their CL estimates for early 2019 without enough data to backup those arguments from a statistical standpoint (even after TPā€™s admitted failure to accurately predict out in 2018 and the significant jumps in predicted CL well after people booked their trips). If the data exists I would love to see it.

She didnā€™t. On the 11th she looked at how TP recorded the 10th after it was over and now part of history.

1 Like

FIFY

(In good natureā€¦ )

@Wahoohokie reported several examples in this thread including a 70 minute posted wait at Dinosaur where the actual was 5 minutes. If you look on the app, you can see people reporting actuals and posted times live from the park and you can see the over inflation of times for yourself. There would be no need for actuals to be reported if the posted time was always right. Does TP sometimes get it wrong? Sure. Are they transparent about that? Yes they are. They publish exactly how they did.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been incredibly happy all week by the way lower than predicted crowd levels. Yesterday did feel busier in MK but there were lots of fastpasses available. I could have picked up SDMT at any point. This was the best vacation ever :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Agreed. I figured this out after her follow-up posts and the screen shot from you as well. She is just commenting that looking backwards a day or two she canā€™t believe it said it was a 3. I am guessing a 3 from this year is very different than a 3 from years past.

2 Likes

Yes, when the parks are busier in general, all the crowd levels are busier.

2 Likes

FIFY? Whatā€™s that stand for?

I am trying to understand the frustration from the initial post. Touringplans.com has tons of valuable information other than their CL predictions. I use the TPā€™s to help get a general feel of what can be done and to guide me. I donā€™t know that I would be complaining if the crowd level was actually lower than what was predicted. Of course I havenā€™t been in a while that wasnā€™t a spring break week either and Iā€™ve never seen a 3. Iā€™ve rarely waiting in lines because of all the valuable information I received on this site and in chat. I guess OP is just frustrated because they donā€™t like the CL3 when the WDW waits were showing higher?
Last year during spring break we got on KRR with a FP, and the posted wait on the sign outside was some crazy high number. There was no one, I mean no one in the entire standby line when we went through. So yes WDW for sure inflates times and doesnā€™t even get it right themselves.
I liken TP to meteorology, itā€™s not an exact science until it actually happens.
And have I ever looked back to see what the CL ended up being, not really, I donā€™t care, Iā€™ve moved on and am planning another trip. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So jealous, last spring break was brutal! But fun!

Fixed it for you.