(Can't delete, but would if I could)

I am confused by what you mean by “historical CL”. The CL listed MK today (4/11/19) at 8 which seems like the crowds you are describing. As we all know, Easter Sunday varies from year to year. It’s April 21st this year but was April 1st last year, and March 23rd in 2008. These varied dates affect spring breaks for school children. My DD19 had her spring break in mid-March. My DS16 just started his break today and won’t return to school until April 24th.

I too am really confused by historical crowds. To me, I would expect increasing crowds since my gold AP is blocked out from the 13-26. That Easter blockout, unlike Christmas, changes from year to year.

Shows yesterday was a 3/10.

1 Like

TP calls them "historical " a better word would be actual

2 Likes

Hopefully I didn’t come off that I was somehow upset at your initial post. I was just thinking you might be comparing to last years historical crowds before you went to the park. I will agree with you that looking back at the recent historical chart, last Wednesday 4/3 also felt busier than a 7 at Magic Kingdom. I was surprised to see that. Of course, I spent most of my time there in the evening as EMH was starting.

1 Like

Posted wait time? Or a wait time that you actually experienced first hand? Crowd levels are based on a guest’s average ACTUAL wait time, not the (often bogus) wait times posted by Disney

2 Likes

I think that we all need to agree that CL are Bull sh*t and if anyone could predict the future they should be playing the lottery. I don’t hold CL #'s in any account.

6 Likes

Oh no :frowning: You fell victim to what it is theorized that Disney is doing! Inflating wait times to drive crowds away from various attractions — and so that those who get in line with a 60 minute wait that turns out to be 20 leave happy rather than frustrated over waiting 60 for a posted 20.

That’s why you make a touring plan and you trust the plan

3 Likes

I don’t think you “pissed anyone off”. I think it seems to me like people were both looking for clarity from your statement (actual vs posted) and then providing you with additional information you might find helpful

3 Likes

WDW is greatly over-exaggerating their line times. We just got home Sunday, were at WDW parks 3/30-4/6. We saw things like 70 min standby line at Dinosaur, where the standby line started where the FPP line merged, so the wait was like 5 minutes? We saw this several times, 30 minutes Soarin line that took only as long as it took you to walk to where they separate you into A, B, and C.
I’m sorry it didn’t feel like a 3 for you yesterday, it was also a 3 on Friday 4/5 (predicted 9), and it was wonderful. Crowds were actually quite low all last week. We go the same time every year, and this was the lowest crowds I have ever seen, while having some of the highest wait times I have ever seen posted. Disney is trying to move crowds by greatly over exaggerating the wait times. The actual ride times have been much less, making it a lower crowd level than it appears as the crowd levels are based on actual waits, not the over inflated waits of Disney. I do hope you are having a great time regardless!

4 Likes

Touring plans don’t work for my family. My husband has no interest in doing things according to a plan. I got 16 rides in between RD and FPP though, so it’s all good.

1 Like

Then you did great!

I think now I’m even more confused about you being upset???

1 Like

I cannot believe it felt wonderful if it was like it was for me. I guess I just have terrible expectations. In Nov 2017 the crowds ended up being an actual CL 10. This felt very much like that, maybe a 7 or 8 for sure.

I guess I just need a CL predictor that tells me that I will have to eat lunch at 11am on a curb instead of at a table. I know TP doesn’t tout “crowd feel” but queue length, so i guess I just have unreasonable expectations.

Also, and I say this only partly in jest – you realize you’re on a site called TouringPlans? :stuck_out_tongue: LOL

2 Likes

Yes. I have tried them 3 trips. All 3 trips they didn’t work for my family. The first trip we followed them religiously and wait times were wildly varied. The second, we followed them religiously for 2 days and then when they weren’t accurate we gave up. This time I brought them but my husband told me no.
I just like the site. Touring Plans themselves make no sense to me, especially when they predict crowd levels as an 8 but then say they were a 3… how can predicted wait times possibly be correct?

1 Like

I think I’m going to let this die. We’re not communicating well and I’m getting more confused. It was predicted an 8 and you got a 3. I don’t understand how that’s bad.

I hope you have an enjoyable remainder of your vacation, whatever the crowd levels turn out to be.

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess you don’t understand what I am saying. We are at MCO flying home now. Best.

1 Like

Another Liner @Dreamer was there that day as well, and thought the same. There were FPP available non stop, even 7D was available at 8pm for a 10 pm return. I do wonder if some of it is expectations? I think it is hard for most to understand that a 3 doesn’t mean low waits during the middle of the day. I am sorry it felt so crowded for you, glad you were still able to do a lot.

1 Like

But wouldn’t that have made all your waits less? I am confused as well.