(Can't delete, but would if I could)

We were in MK on April 10th and today, April 11th. When iasw has 60min lines at 4pm and JC had 90 min lines, as well as 7dmt at 100min and Space around 80, how is that a 3? It was PACKED yesterday and today. Today was similar.

Yesterday around lunchtime the Carrousel had a 30 min wait. I played the FPP game and we got on a ton of rides, but it was very crowded and took a lot of refreshing and luck. TP, your forums are great, but your Crowd Calendars make absolutely no sense. I thought it was based on queue length??

Did you wait in any of the lines? There have been reports that Disney’s posted times have been wildly exaggerated. Wondering if perhaps the actual wait time would have been much less. I believe TP does their historical CLs based on actual times reported not WDW posted times.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the MK CL was not a 3 for 4/10 or 4/11. Are you sure you were looking at the right dates and the current data? It is still spring break, and I haven’t seen much below a 6 for weeks. In fact, the rest of the week shows 8s-10s.

I looked at the 4/10 Historical Crowds

1 Like

Today is posted as an 8.

It has been pretty quiet the last week or so.

No, because I don’t wait in lines that are that long, so we skipped some things. We saw a lot of frustrated guests though.

I am looking at historical crowds for yesterday.

According to their chart those wait times do for the most part fall under a 3. For me I think there is too much overlap between levels. I was there 4/10 and yes it did still feel crowded not what a 3 used to feel like.

https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/crowd-levels

1 Like

Thanks for that, it is helpful.

1 Like

Okay so I obviously pissed people off by suggesting that the park was crowded. I can’t delete threads but, I will stop responding and we can just let this die.

I agree with you. They did change the criteria for crowd levels a while back. Since then I feel the numbers don represent the feel. The numbers come from the posted wait times

1 Like

Is it possible that this year is worse than other years? Like it could historically be a 3/10, but this year it is an 8/10?

I’ve planned most of our trips around the historical CLs, so I feel your frustration @onceabird.

2 Likes

Yesterday’s date, 4/10/19 is in historical crowds and is listed at a 3.

1 Like

OOOOOOhhhh - now I KWYM.

Wow. If that’s what a three feels like now, I’m not sure I’m up for another WDW trip. :expressionless::anguished:

1 Like

Thank you for this link.
Food for thought.

1 Like

Well 4/10/2018 was a 1 in every park

Your link helps a lot, though. And the data from TP is extremely helpful. My mind remembers the 3’s of 2007… New 3’s are a lot different.

1 Like

If you look at the chart for 7Dwarfs, a CL2 can have the same wait as a CL5. How can that be, to me that is not enough distinction

1 Like

Yes they are different now