Candlelight Processional - First Time

You’ll be emptying out by America when Candlelight ends. You’ll certainly be well timed and in approximately solid position for Illuminations. The downside is you won’t have staked out a spot & you’ll be exiting a very large crowd who all haven’t staked out a spot either & may want to see Illuminations too.

We did the late show for CLP & our friends stayed for Illuminations after & seemed to do fine - we headed back to the hotel, rested and hit MK late for one final fling. Basically timing wise, it should be easy, to see Illuminations, but I’d be surprised if you can get an ideal viewing spot…

Thank you, that’s what I guessed. But…we are staying at the Poly SO if we walk towards Morrocco-UK area that will get us towards the exit we want to be at and maybe a little emptier spot, just not prime viewing/photographing. Choices!

I’ll probably stick with a later lunch and the 6:45pm show just so I can see it all without cramming it in.

It works out great. There really isn’t a bad viewing spot for illuminations and there is so much real estate I’ve never had trouble getting a good view. We chose the lunch package simply because it was a lot cheaper. Curious why you’d want to go out of International Gateway if you’re at the Poly though. There are no resort buses from that entrance/exit.

the theory was walk from the CP, which Damavs says exits in America towards France-UK-FW which puts me closer to the monorail station in FW to go back home to the Poly at the end. I may do the dinner then since I prefer GG for dinner rather than lunch. CL for Epcot is 5 on 4Dec. So maybe crowds exiting and clogging up the viewing won’t be too bad.

1 Like

Ugh!! forgot CP not in the DDP package!! Guess we could pay out of pocket. Sounds like it is worth it? Yet another thing to consider :slight_smile:

OK just to clarifry I called WDW dining to confirm. It is still 2 TS on the standard DDP for the CLP. The cost breakdown though for GG is the same at lunch or dinner so no difference there. It is mainly a decision of when you want to eat/which CLP show you want to attend. I got confused with this one since the F! meals at HS are only 1 TS for MM and H&V and 2 TS at HBD so it was a bit confusing that in Epcot a traditional 1TS meal is now 2TS for the package. Always have to read the fine print with disney deals!

Yes it is on the DDP and it is 2 credits, which in my opinion is a terrible waste of credits lol. I would be mad to spend what could have been 2 credits at CG or HDDR on a standard table service in Epcot. I love the food there but the packages get really expensive.

Agreed, as I researched GG+CLP, the package prices, $57 adult $34 child, are the same as the GG Dinner prices but MORE than the lunch prices. In this GG example, to get your “money’s worth” if schedule isn’t a concern, you would go to GG at dinner and pay OOP to avoid the 2TS hit on the DDP. It is probably a very situational basis as the package prices are variable to the restaurant. Even if I was on the DDP going to a 2TS restaurant and had more than the DDP allowance for ADRs in my week that I would pay OOP for some, THEN, it may be a “deal” since an app is thrown in if you are paying OOP or putting on the DDP. Disney can make you crazy, always read the fine print!!