I have been waiting a little over four weeks through a DVC rental store for AKL in December. I went ahead and booked a free dining package through Disney this morning. I was planning on giving DVC until the end of May to come through for me. But now I’m worried about how this will all work out if DVC does become available. It should be simple to cancel the current package I have, right?
Yes, canceling packages is pretty straightforward. I believe that you have until 45 days before the reservation starts to cancel without any penalty.