Canadian using Magic Express

I am a Canadian flying into Orlando. I received the YELLOW luggage tags from the Disney Magic Express.
I want to use them so I can get the luggage delivered to our room. But being a Canadian, don’t I have to claim my Luggage and go through customs?
Which would mean that I would be carrying my luggage to the Express buses.
There must be a reason that Disney gave us the tags in the first place.

Per the information at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/

International Guests
If you are flying into Orlando International Airport from another country, you must claim your luggage after disembarking the plane and follow the U.S. Customs and Border Protection process. After, proceed to Disney’s Magical Express.

You may take your luggage with you on the motorcoach to your Disney Resort hotel or, following U.S. Customs, you may elect to return your luggage to the carousel, where Disney’s Magical Express will reclaim your luggage and deliver it to your Resort hotel room. Your luggage may take up to 3 hours to be delivered to your room after you arrive at your Resort hotel. Guests using the luggage delivery service should be prepared to present their airline baggage numbers at Disney’s Magical Express. If you arrive before 5:00 AM or after 10:00 PM, please bring your luggage with you to Disney’s Magical Express. Your luggage will travel with you on the motorcoach to your Disney Resort Hotel.

We have flown from Canada (YYZ to MCO) twice. We had the yellow ME luggage on our bags and did not have to pick them up from the luggage carousel. We just went straight to ME and Disney delivered our luggage to our Resort.

I believe that the difference is that most Canadian travellers to the US have to clear US Customs checks at their Canadian airport. This is not likely true for other international travellers.

Note: For our upcoming trip, we are arriving late to MCO so we will not be using the yellow tags and will have to pick up our bags ourselves.

1 Like

P.S. This same question was asked on another message board recently and other travellers confirmed that if you go through US Customs at your home airport in Canada, Disney will take care of your luggage as long as your arrival time is after 5:00 am or before 10:00 pm. However, if you are arriving in the evening (after 5 pm or so), most people recommend that you pick up your luggage yourself because it could take several hours for Disney to deliver the bags to your room. Recent reports are that flights arriving around 6:00 pm had luggage reach the room around 10:30 pm.

1 Like