Can you use ME when not flying?

So we’re driving to WDW (staying at Pop) but dropping the hire car off at MCO on that first day. We’re thinking of dropping our luggage off at Pop and checking in before we take the hire car to MCO. Can we then get ME back to Pop as if we’re flying in? And if we can how do we book it? (We’ll be getting ME back to MCO at the end of our trip as normal if that makes a difference)

I think you could just find a flight that corresponds with the time you want to use DME and then enter that info when making the reservation. DME has no idea if you are actually on a flight or not, all they care about is that you have an onsite reservation.

3 Likes

DME authorization is on your Magic Band. You should get let them know though that you are going to use the return to MCO DME so they will schedule you for your return trip time. Coming in make very little difference though as you show your Magic Band to the DME people at MCO and they will point you to a bus that goes to your Disney Resort.

Great, that makes life very easy … we’ll pick up our magic bands when we check in and have them for MCO … all a bit backwards for us but we are from down under LOL

You can also just book direct with DME and not worry about a flight #. Booking through Disney usually needs a flight # to keep the CM happy. :roll_eyes:

If no one else posts it, I’ll find the direct number tonight.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Nicky_S that would be fabulous

You can book DME using this number:

(866) 599 0951

Or use this link to book online:

https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/dme/dmeform

They do keep track of flight delays, so they’ll be surprised if you show up at the correct time for a flight that was delayed or cancelled. They almost certainly won’t care, though, and will just let you on the bus (though you may have to wait for a while if they weren’t expecting you).