Can you keep the bubble living near Disney?

Almost everyday I get home from work, I follow my favorite Disney vloggers. I think what a great way to live my life. Move to Central Florida get an A.P. for Disney and Universal, and go just about whenever I want. But then I started thinking would the Disney bubble pop, if it was part of our everyday life. My wife and I go down about every other year, and when we do the real world doesn’t exist. We don’t talk about work, politics, or any other issues in our lives. We are a 30 minute drive from the Jersey shore and Philadelphia. I don’t get excited about going to either, like I do going to Disney. So for people who moved there and also lifelong residents, can you keep the bubble alive? How do you do it? If not do you regret moving so close? HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!

2 Likes

very interesting question. My 7yo actually asked this when we were there; do people who live near here go there and is it as special for them if they do. I didn’t know the answer!

2 Likes

I’ve been here for just over 10 months now and I love it!

Now, I never really did the ‘bubble’ thing, I would stay off site and rent a car. I would be at the parks from rope drop to park close.

However, I did enjoying escaping real life by going to the parks and I still find this happens. It particularly happens when people come to visit and we go to the parks together.

I absolutely love being able to stop in to a park for a few hours after work or on a weekend and not stressing about getting things done in a certain amount of time or if a ride goes down or there’s an unexplained long line at a ride, oh well, I’ll catch it next time. It’s removed so much stress from my park life by not “having” to get everything done on each visit.

I do not regret moving here, it’s great. Once I’m settled in my condo (I’m moving this weekend) I’ll be able to get back to enjoying the parks. My usual goal is to get to a park at least once a week, twice/week if it’s not crowded.

4 Likes

I was intigued to see this post. My family is considering making the plunge and moving in the next 1.5 years so I am having these same thoughts.

We are looking at Volusia Co, however, not in Orlando proper. We have friends who live there (Volusia co. which is 1.5 hour drive) and say that many people go regularly and some weekly. I have a previous client in Orlando who has been going to the park on a weekly basis for as long as I’ve known her. I have heard that Orlando teens go to Disney restaurants for things like prom.

My concern is loosing the excitement of planning an entire trip. I could see maybe staying on property for a long weekend but I couldn’t justify ever staying an entire week again when we would live so close.

1 Like

That sounds amazing!

1 Like

I agree. I love staying on property, it’s a big part of us loving Disney. But I don’t think I could justify the expense for more than a couple days either if we lived close.

First, that sounds great. I love the thought of just shooting over to Disney Springs for dinner. I’m really craving Homecomin right now. But I also like we both can have a few drinks and just hop on a bus back to our resort.

1 Like

We are in the process of job hunting so that we can move down to the area. I would love to be there and go whenever I please. I don’t think it would bust the bubbleness for me.

4 Likes

That’s great. Good luck on your hunt.

My cousin recently relocated to Orlando and is loving it. She has two young kids and she and her husband enjoy date nights at DS, EPCOT, etc. She loves being able to just go for a few hours, and also not have too deal with all the stressful and crazy planning one must do when visiting from afar. She tells me the magic is alive and well.

1 Like