Can we talk about Enchantment Again?

I loved Enchantment. It is uplifting and energizing. Without psychoanalyzing everything about the show, when I left there, I felt good. And that’s all that matters.

5 Likes

I hadn’t planned to bother watching Enchantment on our recent trip until our first night in the MK when DS’ GF was disappointed that we weren’t watching them–she didn’t mention it until they were starting as we were getting off the Jungle Cruise and heading to another ride with a non-existent wait time. Our next night in MK, we were able to find a fairly good spot near Casey’s to watch them without a long wait. I didn’t care for the projections in HEA and I didn’t pay much attention to them in E, just mostly watched the fireworks. All 5 of us decided we wouldn’t need to see it from that area again, just be someplace where we could see the fireworks.

2 Likes

I enjoyed watching it (just the fireworks) from the Poly. I haven’t seen it from MK yet.

For me, nothing could live up to Wishes. The song that played after Illuminations was always special for me too.

2 Likes

They think this will help?

2 Likes

FWIW DD was told by one of the FW’s crew that Disney wasn’t able to get all the pyro they intended due to supply chain issues. Recently the finale was different with added effects. Sounds like more is coming. I’ll ask her if she notices. She works FW’s a lot and can tell you when they are going to go off just by the spot in the music :joy:

They must do!

It was a good show.

I didn’t think the projections on Main Street added anything to the experience whatsoever. I viewed it from mid-Main one night and the hub the other and found both experiences to be good.

It’s super “busy” and was the first show of its kind (projections and pyro) that left me feeling a little dizzy over “which am I going to watch” kind of feeling. So adding more lasers in particular is not going to improve the show IMO. More pyro is always good though.

1 Like

I think it is way too busy and they just throw things into it without much thought. I also do t care for the music- not the same way as any of the other MK shows I have watched over the years. That’s just my personal opinion. It disappoints me.

1 Like

Just a rumor, so grain of salt and all that, but it sounds like Disney is looking to bring back an upgraded HEA in spring of 2023 after the official end of the 50th celebration, primarily because guest satisfaction for enchantment has not hit the mark that they wanted… :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Will you be blogging this out? Or is it for our eyes/ears only? Just looking to get clarity on whether to talk about this openly or keep it on the DL

:wink:

4 Likes

I was under the impression Enchantment was only for the 50th and there will be an all new show after. Not sure where I heard/read that though. Maybe it was in a dream :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I felt it made it a bit more “immersive” to a degree, which I enjoyed. Like being enveloped in the show instead of just viewing it.

It was a watered down feeling I got when they did the “360 Fireworks” during Hallowishes.

But the biggest complaint I hear is

This.

Personally, I don’t have too much problem with the music specifically, but the pacing is definitely off and I think the biggest issue for me is the narration. Angela Bassett’s delivery sounds borderline Villain-ish and ominous (despite the script) which just detracts from the experience.

1 Like

YES!

heheh so is that why “I are the magic”? Cause I need to be the hero and the Narrator is the villain?

It all makes sense now!

2 Likes

I was away from the forum when this thread was originally posted, but I feel the very same way that you do about the projections. I look forward to never jockeying for a place on Main Street again. I watched from the Frontierland bypass walkway/bridge in March and it was SUCH a better experience. I plan on doing that again this fall with my kids who will be too short to see the projections and won’t know what they are missing!

All they want is fireworks!

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

He hears this stuff on the Slack Chat for MickeyBlog staff. :wink:

3 Likes