Can We Talk About Airport Transportation Options?

I think that was $205 when I booked that for a van in September.

1 Like

Yeah 225 is now the town car price.

I just looked at the prices. I booked on Friday and it has increased since then.

I think they have a lot of business right now. Most likely all private car services have an increase in demand?

1 Like

Supply and demand!

But sureā€¦ ā€œnot enough people were using dmeā€. Which is why they said it was cancelled. :wink:

1 Like

They lied.

4 Likes

5 Likes

:woman_shrugging:

What can I say? @PrincipalTinker hit the nail on the head - it was lies.

2 Likes
For my next WDW vacation (after MDE is gone), I am getting to my resort from the airport by
  • Mears Connect
  • Mears Shuttle
  • Car Service
  • Uber/Lyft
  • Taxi
  • Rented car

0 voters

The only surprising part of it is that their social media people havenā€™t publicly ridiculed us for not knowing this.

4 Likes

Seeing the price increase at Quicksilver I think this most likely will be my last private car service. I will play the book a Costco rental early and rebook but I am seriously considering a taxi.

2 Likes

I think theyā€™ll all get pretty nutty pricewise pretty soon.

2 Likes

Maybe rentals will start being reasonable? Right now the private transportation is much cheaper.

1 Like

See above - Iā€™m the lone car renter there. Got a great deal and it was about $75 less than Quicksilver as they could only get me an SUV (which was total overkill for me and my sis). It will be better for the split stay, as well, since we can keep control of our stuff the whole time vs the whole bell services thing. And as I am staying at DVC resorts I donā€™t pay parking at either since I am a member (otherwise that per-night price to park is where it will kill you)

3 Likes

Well if theyā€™re charging as much as $75 per tripā€¦ suddenly Uber or Lyft is back on the menu

2 Likes

That is true indeed

The difference is having assurance that a car is there for you, vs having to wait. And that matters to different people, and to different people depending on time of day.

But I agree with you!!

4 Likes

So. I had just anticipated taking an Uber, since we arrive in the middle of the day on a Wednesday and will head out around 5 pm on a Saturday. DH seemed to think that would be fine, heā€™s the one who historically has traveled the most for work, but now Iā€™m questioning again, since he has not been allowed to do much travel at all since March 2020. We have never not had a car before, so this is new territory for me.

Iā€™m hearing, avoid Uber? It will cost me the same as a scheduled private car?

Currently looking up the cost of a rentalā€¦Gah.

Ha. This is what Iā€™m struggling to understand with this post. But a few extra dollars to guarantee a ride seems like a no-brainer. But I donā€™t really need a grocery stop without kids in tow.

2 Likes

The grocery stop is not included - itā€™s extra

Donā€™t forget the per-night fee at resorts to park: Value = $15, Moderate = $20, Deluxe = $25 (and no, there has been no explanation for the increased cost based on hotel category except that Disney has figured if you can afford more for the hotel you can pay more for the asphalt out front, too)

3 Likes