Can use some help please. on why Fast Passes

Why does the touring plans and others suggest to get a fast pass for earlier in the day. If we arrive at the park hopefully before rope drop.(summer trip) can go ride the Peter pan flight and 7 dwarfs mine train, and etc. Would we need a Fast pass even though it is that early in the morning? Confused. I understand you have that you have to use them all to get new ones, but I would have thought you would have wanted them later in the day so you can minimize the line. Can anyone please explain as I am supposed be picking my fast passes today and have 2 kids 4 yr and 12yr.

Lines for PP and 7DMT build very fast - even if you arrive preRD, unless you are at the front of the pack you will probably be looking at a 30 minute wait. Plus, as you said yourself, the sooner you use your FP, the sooner you can get more. We used 9 at MK last Aug on a CL8 day and that was with a 4 hour break and leaving at 8.30pm. The more you can get, the more time you will save over the course of the day.

2 Likes

The lines for PP and 7DMT get long almost immediately after RD. If you are at the very front of the RD pack you can get on one with somewhat minimal wait. By the time you’re done, the other ride will have a long wait. We always get a FPP for 7DMT, and sometimes PP. The standby queue for PP is cute, so one time during our trip we go there immediately after RD.

2 Likes

Great minds!

1 Like

Several reasons.

One, to ensure multiple rides on a favorite. We have a few favorite rides - BTMRR is one. We’ll hit PP at RD, then ride BTMRR until the lines start to build, then use a FP for BMTRR. It ensures that we can ride it multiple times.

Two, are you going to get stuck in some kind of nightmare scenario with a ride at RD that ruins the rest of your morning plans? With 7dmt, it is often not operational at park open, glitchy. Also, the line builds so quickly, and there are the pre-RD breakfast people in the park, that you can get right to that ride at RD and it’s not a walk-on, it’s 30+ minutes wait, so you’ve blown your RD advantage on a single ride. I’d always FP 7dmt and never RD it - if I can’t FP it, I’m not riding it.

Three, you really do hit more rides with less waiting. I FP really long wait headliners like 7dmt or PP, then I can walk on to other headliners like Splash at RD with no problems. I just hit more rides with less wait by mixing up my RD priority rides and my FP rides in the morning.

Four, availability of 4th, etc. FPs in park. Once you’ve tapped into your third FP ride, you can book another FP. The major headliners may not be available, but I’ve had no trouble getting Pirates, HM, Jungle Cruise, Buzz, Speedway, etc., at the park even in summer crowds. So if my FPs are 9-10, 10-11, and 11-12, then theoretically I can start getting my 4th+ FP right around 11 am. If my first FP isn’t until 3 pm, though, there’s probably not going to be much if anything left for me to look for at 5 pm or so when my last FP runs out.

Five, the mid-day break. Parks get hot, families get tired of walking. Being able to hit a mix of RD rides and FP rides in the morning allows you to accomplish a bunch and clear out for a break.

2 Likes

FWIW, I never get FPPs until after 11:00. I get a lot of things done right at RD, and then I get to do my “3 main” attractions, then maybe find additional FPPs for later in the day. There are very few rides that I do re-rides on, and if I miss something like PP (which I’ve ridden countless dozens of times), oh well, I’ll catch it next trip.

1 Like

I would use all three of my FPP between 10:00-1:00. This way I could get a lot done in the morning after RD. I use my three FPP once the lines start getting long. I would take a break from the parks mid day back at the resort. Schedule a 4th FPP for when we re-enter a park in the afternoon.
That was my way of attack! Good luck!

1 Like