Can I take food into AK Lion King Show?

We have 45 minutes between Safari and Lion King shows. I was planning on eating in Harambe Market, but the kids really want to see Pandora in the day. We are staying for the after hours event so they will see it at night. So if we walk down to Pandora between shows and get food there, will we be able to take it into the Lion King?

Thanks everyone for your help. I’m trying to keep it to one question per day :wink:

1 Like

I did a quick Google search and it looks like you can’t bring food into indoor theater venues, but I don’t have official confirmation.

The bigger concern for me would be whether you can walk all the way to Pandora and back plus buy food in 45 minutes. You probably could in literally 45 minutes but that would leave no buffer for arriving early to get a good seat (even if you have a FP) or for contingencies like a long line at the QS or crowds slowing you down.

No you can’t take food into indoor theatres as @Jeff_AZ said.

1 Like

That one’s a firm No. Which is a bummer.

Hi! To piggyback on this question can you bring food into the line? Planning on lining up early for a good spot at the show and would like to get snack for my kids just before.

1 Like

Yes. But be aware as soon as the doors open the line moves fast and you will be required to dispose of all food/drink before you are allowed in.

2 Likes

Great thanks!

1 Like

Also be aware (if you do want to go there) Harambe Marketplace closes early! It had already closed at 6PM when we tried to eat there, on a day the park was not closing until 9PM.

2 Likes

We had a few snacks in line. I think we had about 20 minutes to wait for the first show.

Unless you move really fast I don’t think you can get from the safari to Pandora and back to lion king in 45 minutes with food. There is a lot of traffic in that area when a show exits. You can eat in line though.

2 Likes

Only if it’s fresh meat, and you have to share it with Simba.

1 Like

No. You can have things in line but two weeks ago they were specifically directing people to finish consuming their food and drink or dispose of it.

Hi thanks! So you can have things in line but they will be asking you to rush? Sorry confused

They ask you to throw it away before you enter the building. If you’re queuing for a long time, you won’t be rushed. If you arrive when the doors are open and the line is moving, you’ll be very rushed.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes. What @missoverexcited said.

1 Like