Can I fit in Discovery Cove?

Has anyone on here been to discovery cove? I’ve always wanted to go but I don’t know how to fit it in. Do you think it is possible to do it on our departure day? We would pack up early and leave our bags at bell services, Uber to DC and get there around 7. We would have to leave around 3, Uber back to the hotel, pick up our bags and Uber to the airport. Need to be at the airport around 4:30. Since the hours are 7-5 I don’t think we are giving up much by leaving 2 hours before close. Is DC worth it or am I better off just going to my resort pool in the morning and my boathouse lunch ressie at DS?

I’ve always wanted to go too, but it’s supposed to be such a posh and relaxing day that I’d hate to be stressing about everything on departure day.

2 Likes

I just realized parking is free at DC so maybe renting a car that day would be less hassle and we could bring our bags with us and drive right to the airport.

2 Likes

We just did Discovery Cove this past July. My family loved it! It really depends on what you want to accomplish there. There are many extra add on activities that add to the time, so departing early would take away from that. If you are just going to have a relaxing day without the extras, then that would work. What do you want to do at Discovery Cove?

Thanks. No extra experiences. Just breakfast & lunch, drinks relaxing on the beach, float in the river through the aviary and snorkel in the reef with the fish.

Time-wise you should be fine then. The food is great. My kids did the river float over and over again and couldn’t get enough of it–then when we finally made it to the reef where they could snorkel, they couldn’t get enough of that. We also did the the Dolphin swim, so that took extra time and scheduling, but if you don’t have to worry about that, then time shouldn’t be an issue. Next time we go back to Disney, my family already said they want to go back to Discovery Cove for a day just to relax, so we would vote yes that it is worth it.

2 Likes

I agree. It’s supposed to be relaxing. I think I am going to decide while I am there and see how the trip is flowing. I don’t think there is anywhere else I can fit it unless I move my Boma breakfast before Epcot on Thursday and we get back before our CG dinner on Friday. Maybe I can make Friday work.

Sounds like you have options. I think the rental car might be the best one.

3 Likes

Thanks for asking this. I might do something similar.

Our current Disney plans have the last park day on a Friday. We drive straight through so as long as we leave by early afternoon on Sunday, I can be at work Monday. I could also take an extra day off.

Now I need to research Discovery Cove.

1 Like

Have not been there since both my boys were much younger probably 15+ years ago. To this day they still remember it. We loved it relaxing and unique experience. He is now 27 lol

2 Likes

I will never forget Jack Hanna was there filming something. He ended up having lunch at the table next to us, such a nice guy.

1 Like

For your original question, yes you should have time to enjoy it if you don’t need to leave until 3. The place is generally geared towards early day. If you haven’t already I would get on their mailing list for discounts- 30% off really helps when you’re paying for a whole family. Not sure what your time frame is because it’s not all the time but you can get lucky with a deal.

Just one caution: there were aspects we really liked but we went last November (so during the pandemic, pre-vaccine) and my husband and son now refer to it as “Covid Cove”. Corporate-wise they took measures- they gave us masks and sanitizer and talked about precautions but social distancing was not a thing in the water (where people don’t wear masks)- especially if cute otters or something interesting was around. Everyone’s comfort level is different and others have been more recently and had a great time so not trying to discourage.

1 Like

They are offering the upgraded drink package free right now.

I suspect you would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY big not to fit.

6 Likes

Lol

The way I first read it, that was my first reaction. Of course, I’ve never been so I thought maybe there were some water slides that were small - or something. That is actually why I opened the thread originally.

4 Likes

Okay that’s wicked cool.

1 Like

:joy: I had that same exact thought!

2 Likes

Same! Then I read more about how cool of a place it is and now I really want to go! Glad to know that I will fit when I do eventually go.

4 Likes

ditto

1 Like