Calling all vegetarians

The Mara also had falafel bites that were great!

4 Likes

Parks:
Yak and Yeti (QS) and Satuli Canteen have authentically good vegetarian dishes at the QS level. At Epcot, Tangerine Cafe and the Mexico stands (try La Cava and get tequila along with great guac and snacks). Not really much at MK in my experience, nor HS. Most park QS has vegetarian options but they are of the variety of no-meat-therefore-vegetarian vs. good vegetarian.
If TS, then Tusker House, Tiffins at AK. Skippers at MK. Spice Road at Epcot. Surprisingly (to me) not Japan or China at Epcot. Their best meals have meat, it seems. HS, not much – I like Brown Derby but I like it for the scallops (I am 90% no meat but seafood when its great).
I do not have huge experience outside the parks but Jiko, Boma, Mara, yes (there is a theme here – best vegetarian is Africa/Asia at Disney). There is the new Jaleo at Disney Springs which I’ve not been to but the Jaleos in DC are great with lot of great Vegetarian plates.

2 Likes

Sorry, also agree Sunshine Seasons at Epcot has very good veggie options, mostly salads but also sandwiches.

1 Like

My mother is vegetarian and my sister was vegetarian (she eats fish now) on our June 2017 trip. We always pick restaurants that have good vegetarian options that they approve. Here is our list from the last trip. All these were were thoroughly enjoyed.

• AK - Tusker House breakfast, Satuli Canteen
  • EP - Rose & Crown Dining Room dinner (favorite). Spice Road Table dinner and Tangerine Cafe
  • DHS - 50s Prime Time Cafe lunch and Mama Melrose dinner
  • MK - Skipper’s Canteen lunch, Columbia Harbor House
  • Poly (monorail) - Kona Cafe dinner, 'Ohana breakfast
  • AKL - Sanna dinner and Boma dinner(Boma is a long-standing favorite of my mother’s since we first went here in 2007. Sanna is now my sister’s new favorite AKL spot).

The food court at AoA has many excellent vegetarian options as well. We were staying there so ate a few meals here. It’s not convenient to a them park, but I am mentioning it in in case others are interested.

Places we haven’t dined yet that have solid vegetarian options:
EP
La Hacienda in Mexico has a vegetarian menu
San Angel Inn (having lunch here on our upcoming May trip)
Electric Umbrella - has an edame salad that the vegetarians are interested in
Trowel & Trellis - Flower and Garden food booth
Ale & Compass (Nearby EP at Yacht Club) gets good reviews from vegetarians

MK
Liberty Tree Tavern now has a meatless-meatloaf on the lunch menu which gets good reviews. We added in a meal here after finding out about it per my mom’s request. We haven’t been to LTT since 2007 when there were characters.

AK
Yak & Yeti table service (going here for dinner)
We looked at the Tiffins menu, but my mother said the vegetarian options were lacking.

2 Likes

My sixteen YO DD is vegetarian (no meat no fish) and hates fake meat products with a passion which seem to be gaining in popularity in the parks, preferring instead to get her protein from other sources. I’m quite concerned that she won’t get a varied diet eating in the parks a lot so as we’re staying off site we’re aiming to visit some restaurants she has researched.x

I’m a carnivore, through and through, so I can’t comment from personal experience but when I traveled with a vegan friend she said her all time favorite restaurant is Tusker House (AK) for lunch/dinner. That trip we also ate dinner at California Grill and O’Hana - we had to ask but they did have vegan options for her.

1 Like

I recommend you check disney food blog on youtube, they have a video about the best vegetarian meals in disney

1 Like

I forgot about Trail’s End!

1 Like