To Disney World We Go! (Enablers unite!)

As others have mentioned, the main difference between Sept & Jan is the weather. While Jan is cooler, I was not expecting it to be downright cold. Like 5 layers and still freezing cold. 40, or even 50 degrees sounds perfectly reasonable. Until you are in the outside all day long. I was so cold. Maybe it was an anomaly? I’m testing the theory out this coming January just to be sure. Either way, you’ll have a great time creating amazing memories with Dad.

3 Likes

I posted about this in another thread, but I was in SWGE with my dad earlier this year (and my kids) and it was my single favorite moment of the trip. My mom (who was also with us) has never seen Star Wars, so it was always our thing and to see his amazement as we walked around (knowing I was the only other person in our group who appreciated it!) was the absolute best. Have an amazing time!!!

2 Likes

Not that you need more encouragement, but GO. I took my mom to DL ~20 years ago. I was young and broke but had been there just a year or two prior, so I was able to help “manage” our tour. She has said on numerous occasions that it was a childhood dream come true and I’m so glad we share those memories. I hope you go and have an amazing time.

PS: the kids may not entirely understand now, but someday they will.

3 Likes

Ok, step one complete. A little backstory, my parents are pretty much inseparable. They love to spend time together and rarely go anywhere without one another. My biggest concern was that my dad would be too concerned about my mom to go ahead with the trip. Well, I talked to my mom to see what she thought of the trip idea. She was :100: percent behind the idea! I asked her if she thought he would want to go without her and she said if he hesitates at all, she will convince him to go. Now, to talk to my dad and pick dates!!! :raised_hands:t3: :partying_face:

17 Likes

Go. I fell in love with Disney way past the point where my parents are physically able to go. Take the trip :slight_smile:

Mom guilt is awful, especially when you have a Disney loving kid. But I echo OB nurse, you have to put the oxygen mask on yourself first!!

4 Likes

Ok, potential trip is booked for Sept. 11-14. I haven’t talked to my dad yet but a standard room at Pop is available and who knows for how much longer. I plan to talk with him tomorrow when I see him in person!!

10 Likes

Need I say more???

26 Likes

:two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Yay yay yay! WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD! 58 days away!

16 Likes

Woot woot! Can’t wait to read your trip report! Did it take any extra effort to convince him?

3 Likes

Very happy for you and Dad. Be sure to take lots of pictures.

3 Likes

me: Hey, remember how I said how awesome Galaxy’s Edge was a Disney? Can I take you there?

dad: yeah! (His smile was :arrow_right::grin::grin::grin::grin:)

So no, no convincing necessary! :rofl:

16 Likes

So, Magic!

2 Likes

YAY!!! That is so great!

These pictures give me ALLLLLLL the feels and damn its dusty in here too

5 Likes

Oh dang. There go the waterworks.

3 Likes

Hotel :white_check_mark:
Park tickets :white_check_mark:
Park reservations :white_check_mark:
Dining reservations :white_check_mark:
Flights :white_check_mark:

Now to make our touring plans.

Also, if you had to skip one park, which would you skip? We only have 3 day tickets (no park hopping). HS is a must do.

11 Likes

So excited for you! I just went with my family, including my dad. Really special memories. I would skip Epcot if I only had three parks.

3 Likes

if i have no choice and have to skip a park, it’s epcot.

congrats on getting everything reserved!

3 Likes

Epcot

3 Likes