Call to Cancel

Tried to cancel a Steakhouse 71 ADR in MDE and got this message. Is this new, or has it always been the case for certain restaurants? Not looking forward to being on hold for hours … :roll_eyes:

Pops up sometimes for some restaurants. Seems no rhyme or reason

I will wait a few weeks then and see if it goes away. :laughing: If not, perhaps I can get the hotel to do it when I get there. Surely they know what a PITA this is.

Someone a friend knows got that message. Knowing what the phone situation is she began calling several days before the reservation to cancel. It kept crashing or saying all circuits busy. Then she got inside of 24hrs and was facing a no show charge. When she did finally reach someone they told her they couldn’t do anything about the fee for late cancel.

Lesson: if you can’t modify or cancel online call earlier; don’t wait.

2 Likes

I was able to cancel a dining reservation over the phone using my confirmation number and strictly the automated system. Never had to talk to a person. Took less than five minutes! I was prepared to be on hold forever and was pleasantly surprised! Maybe this would work for you? Or is 71 different in some way?

3 Likes

I just tried to cancel a reservation two days ago and got this message on the app. I went to the website and it let me cancel with no problem.

4 Likes

I cancelled a Steakhouse 71 reservation yesterday in MDE and it worked (I got the cancellation email), but it’s still showing in MDE. If I try to hit cancel now, I get the same message to call.

3 Likes

I was able to cancel using the chat option in MDE. The guy said it was showing cancelled on their end but is still in my plans…

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone. I will try those tips.

1 Like

Same thing is happening to me. I have Steakhouse 71 booked twice in error and I received this message when trying to drop it as well.

1 Like

So far, when I call the number I get the “All circuits are busy” message. :grimacing: Going to try chat next.

1 Like

Yup.

Insanity.

When is this ressie for? Have you got time?

1 Like

Still have time, but would like to free it up for someone else. It’s for 11/28 and was hard to get. Thanks to reservation finder I was able to get another on the day I actually wanted.

2 Likes

Here’s what I get when I click on chat. :roll_eyes:

Actually, you are NOT here to assist me.

5 Likes

Chat availability pops up randomly. I keep an eye on it.

1 Like

I sit and refresh until chat pops up

Finally got chat to work. The CM put me on the list for a call back. Three hours later I get a call back that immediately put me on hold. :eyes:
On hold for about five minutes. The CM couldn’t cancel the reservation on her end. She had to put me on hold and get another department involved. They claim the reservation is canceled on their end. Like some of you, it’s still on MDE. All of this took 30 minutes. It would free up resources if they just let us cancel online. Based on the experiences I’ve had with them the last few days, I don’t believe the ADR is canceled …

3 Likes

I have had this exact same problem with Steakhouse 71. I’ve cancelled or rescheduled a few times (ahem) and had cancellation confirmations, but MDE lists every single original booking. If I try to cancel again it says to call.

I would send them an email. Then they will respond by email. Then if they charge you a No Show you can get it removed.

2 Likes

Update.
The SH71 finally fell off of MDE as of today. I emailed Guest Services as suggested. I don’t know if that’s what did it, or if the glitch is fixed. Has it happened for anyone else?

1 Like