California Grill Brunch

How good is it? We have a very kid-centric trip planned with our 4 and 6 year old but at home my husband and I are huge brunch people. I saw this and know we’d love it. Is it worth the cost with 2 kids who’ll probably eat very little? Should I use Dining plan credits for it or out of pocket? We have 12 potential uses of credits and 9 credits each HA

Also we’re in town 9 days but only 1 Sunday, do I have any chance of it coming up with the TP res finder. We’re about a month from our trip.

It is killer good. Never had kids with me when we went. They always say 2 credit TS is not worth it (using credits), but I dunno. I have never gotten it with TP res finder, but it’s certainly worth a shot. There are other brunches, like Raglan Road that you might enjoy and certainly be able to get this late…try Open Table for Raglan Road

1 Like

Homecoming also has a brunch. I have been to both Raglan and Homecoming and the food was great at both.

3 Likes

Definitely NOT worth the cost with kids.

It is my favorite special meal but I won’t even take my 11 &15 yo there

2 Likes

This. We are going to do Homecoming brunch with the kids next trip. Waaaay more affordable

3 Likes

Also, those entrees are really big! I wish we had just split a couple.

2 Likes

It is amazing. I love brunch. It is one of my favorite meals at Disney (and the only thing I absolutely had to do on my 50th birthday). With that said though, it’s a great adult meal and I am not sure I would take a 4 and 6 year old for what it costs (although we have seen many children there).
We were on the deluxe dining plan on one trip and did use 2 credits to go and felt it was worth it (again for adults though).

1 Like

What’s the deal with Homecoming though…really hard to get a ressie.

I did read a review of Raglan Road brunch and there were 2 littles who got picked to do some Irish dancing and they loved it

The entertainment does not start until noon at Raglan.

Thanks all! I think you’ve actually talked me out of a Brunch all together ha. It seems that kids just make CG not worth it and I’m not feeling heading out to DS before FP at MK.

1 Like

I agree CG brunch might not be worth it for young kids, but with my DS’s 10, 15 and 17 it was well worth it. It was all of our favorite meal!! My DS10 loves sushi so he was in heaven! Also interesting point, adult price starts at age 12 for this one. We had DDP and used 2 credits; we felt it was worth it. But we paid for DS10’s meal since it was child price and saved his TS credits for later.

3 Likes

Just a thought… maybe try The Wave breakfast at The Contemporary. I haven’t tried it yet but the prices are very reasonable.

4 Likes

Oh! I are there a couple of weeks ago! I loved it!

2 Likes

My favorite part about the California Grill brunch was the live music by a duo. It would be wonderful for the adults and probably older kids, if they are into music.

The Bloody Mary was outstanding too.

For the price, I prefer the food at dinner, but the brunch food was perfectly fine. You are paying for the ambiance, not for the eggs or the pancakes.

1 Like

DH, DS5 and I did CG brunch in July. Holy mimosa, Batman! It was so, so, so good. Expensive with DS5, yes, but the more mimosas we drank, the less we cared, so there’s that strategy. :wink:

DS5 filled up on pastries, cheese and charcuterie. Balanced meal be darned. We also had the chef make him a ham & cheese omelette for his entree, which he liked.

If you can save up - we saved Disney GCs specifically for this brunch - the price factor might lessen. But the quality of food, atmosphere, experience and drinks made it worth it.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

3 Likes

I like that strategy.

3 Likes

I have the CG Brunch on my reservation finder right now for 1. I would say that will be a hard one to get, as I’m sure they want at least 2 at a table. I thought about trying to do a walk-up toward the end of service just to see if they would squeeze me in.

1 Like

I have not had any luck either. I do not really know what to set it for, breakfast, lunch? I went with 11am because that searches 10-12. I also considered just walking up but did not know how that would go.

1 Like

Oh, good point. I didn’t think of that! I just put breakfast. I wonder if I should change it to 11am also.