California Dreamin'

So we fly out to Arizona from North Carolina on Tuesday (visiting parents) and after some San Diego touring (zoo and Legoland) - we’ll be heading to DLR/CA the 10th-13th!! Can not wait!! Who else will be around those days please chime in! Would love to meet a liner in a park? (on my bucket list).

My DS14 and I are doing a similar trip, though DLR is first. We fly there on the 12th and leave sometime the 15th before heading to San Diego for 4 days.

2 Likes

Looks like I am missing both of you. I am driving in on the 15 (my bday) and leaving the 18.

1 Like

What part of AZ? I lived in chandler for a bit and still have family in Scottsdale.

1 Like

When at the San Diego Zoo think about signing up for one of their guided tours. We did the Penguin Tour and thought it was well worth the extra money. They toured us around in a cart, we saw most exhibits and several behind the scenes (including going to the head of the panda viewing line and in a blocked off area in front of everyone else). My DIL was most thrilled to be standing a foot away from the African penguins. So tempting to break the rule about no touching when they were looking up and “talking” to us.

2 Likes

I lived in both Scottsdale and Phoenix. Taught for a number of years in the Paradise Valley School District. My parents live in Goodyear/Litchfield Park, which is where we are spending the majority of July with the exception of the Cali trip.

Looks great! Thank you. I will check in to this. I think I found it on there site as “cart tours”.

The 12th will be our last night and we will probably be running around both parks picking up anything we missed!

Nice! Enjoy!

1 Like

Will you be in the parks on the 15th at all?

We don’t land until 3 so probably won’t be in the parks until 5 or 6. We have dinner at Cafe Orleans, my son wants the montecristo and also are planning to watch fireworks. That’s all the planning I have done, we go a lot so don’t plan that much anymore.

1 Like

Should be in the parks no later than 3

We may still be there, depends on when my DS is ready to head to San Diego.

I will have to check in as it gets closer!