Cake decorating-nailed it!

Oh my gosh, I’m so excited! I’ve been dying to do the cake decorating experience for my trip in February, but it hasn’t been open. I’ve been checking every day, hoping to catch it, and I DID! It opened today and I just got my reservation! Woohoo!! (Had to share with some peeps who would appreciate nailing a hard to get experience!).

9 Likes

I am so happy for you @BeckyTemp13!!! But I have to say I was expecting a photo of a fully finished cake here (hint hint…)

8 Likes

Yes! Me too! Expecting a new post in 4 months. WITH pictures :):grinning:

Haha! True!! I didn’t realize how misleading the title was! I’m sorry. :smile: Pictures will be coming…in a few months.

1 Like

Congrats! Looking forward to the pic in a few months.

Can you tell me more about this? Where is it?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disney-springs/amorettes-patisserie-cake-decorating-experience/

I hope the link works… I’m on my phone. :). It’s basically an opportunity to make one of the Mickey Mouse cakes at amorette’s patisserie in Disney Springs. This cake is hands down the best cake I’ve ever had. You don’t have to go to the class to eat the cake, but I thought it would be fun.

1 Like

Here are the much-anticipated pictures. The class was fun, but too expensive. My advice would be to wait until the price comes down a bit. They are experimenting with offering more classes, but they aren’t filling up. So hopefully they will drop the price of the class.

The instructors were nice, and helpful, and it was all very organized.

I’ve got pics of the finished cake (note the hidden mickey’s I put on the back). And the messed up picture is what the cake looked like when it arrived home. (It tipped over going through the security scanner at the airport.) Still tasted great.

6 Likes