BWV or BCV

I can’t stop switching accommodations. Two nights at BWV just popped up on the nights we currently have BCV booked. This is for our adults-only trip in February. Pool won’t be a considering factor. Never stayed in either. What’s your preference?

I will be staying in BCV for the first time in May, but in doing my research (and choosing between the two), here were some factors:

• BCV has the better pool which is a big draw and the deciding factor for us; if not a factor for you that could definitely swing it to BWV on its own
  • Some people have complained about noise in some parts of BWV due to nightlife
  • BCV is literally right at Epcot’s IGW entrance as well as Skyliner, but BWV is pretty darn close, especially for adults
  • BWV is a little closer to HS so overall might be the more convenient location unless you are spending most of your time at Epcot
  • Personally I like the theming of BCV better - a little more relaxed feel vs. bustling entertainment of BWV

It’s such a tricky choice. BCV is probably a higher bucket list resort for me but I’m hoping to take the kids there summer ‘21 and I do think the BW is stunning. BWV is quite a bit cheaper in terms of points (56 for two nights vs 70 at BCV - booked late so only 1 bdrm availability). We’re spending our first two nights there (the first night arriving after midnight). We are eating at the Riviera (Skyliner!) day 1 + Epcot and day two we will be RD’ing HS before transferring over to the CR for our last two nights.

1 Like

My wife and I have stayed by ourselves at BC 3 times, twice in a BCV. We’ve never stayed at the BW or BWV, but we’d really like to some day. Take what I say with a grain of salt as all this is all personal preference. I suspect for a lot of good reasons, the BC is a very appealing resort to those with a family. For a couple of adults-only folks like us, we found the entire resort to be too noisy and crowded for our liking. I greatly prefer the resort building to the vacation club villas. The rooms are nicer than the Villas and the walk getting anywhere is noticeably less. Our last stay was in September and we were put in a BCV room way out on the west side by the parking lot. We asked for and got a room change … into the main resort to my surprise. And, a refund of $50 per night because Disney considered it a “room downgrade.” They put us in a corner room that is actually larger than a normal BC room. We simply got lucky. When we walked in my wife exclaimed, “This is better than the GF!” It’s not, but don’t tell her I said that. :innocent: So to answer your question, my preference would be for BW rather than BC.

2 Likes

Honestly, they are both great choices (not helpful I know). We have stayed at both and I would probably give the edge to BCV but that’s mainly because of the pool. If the pool isn’t a factor, then BWV might be for you. I’ve stayed at BWV twice and both trips were adults only. We enjoyed the boardwalk and the fact that are several bars/lounges there including Jellyrolls. The walk to the IG is really not that much further than BCV (although your room location might change that). And BWV is an easier walk to HS.

1 Like

I’m leaning on this logic. We won’t be using the pool at all and I feel like BW overall has a more adult vibe. We are staying four nights and I’m trying to piece together our stay since we booked so late. Currently have 1 bdrm standard view at BWV for the first two nights and a lake view studio at BLT for the last two nights. I’m hoping I’m able to get all four nights together and avoid switching resorts but I’m not feeling overly optimistic.

2 Likes

I have to admit the creepy clown pool at BW turned me off the resort in the past, but this last visit I realized it’s not so bad. But the pool doesn’t compare to Stormalong Bay.

2 Likes

We’ve stayed at both multiple times and I have begun to prefer BCV over BWV. BCV is typically much quieter and has much quicker access to QS and the bus stop area. It’s also a quicker walk to the Skyliner and the EP entrance. We do love going to the Boardwalk at night and, if BWV were significantly cheaper, I would go that route. But, if costs are equal, I would do BCV.

1 Like

I can’t get over creepy clown pool. I have booked BW a few times when I couldn’t get BC or YC But was always able to find a room later

2 Likes

Very understandable.