BWV or BCV for Adults Only Trip

I have booked a 2 bedroom at Kidani (Savannah view) for my girls’ trip in June because I own at AKL. I think an Epcot resort would serve us better because, without kids, we will all be able to properly enjoy Epcot for the first time ever! I was leaning toward BCV because there were no Boardwalk Views left at BWV, but I just realized that it’s not like we’ll have a Crescent Lake view from BCV either, right? And there’s availability (for now) for Garden View at BWV. So, as much as I will be sad to not have a Boardwalk View, I’ll still get to be in my favorite resort, which is better, right? And walking to HS gets easier too. The only big benefit I can see for BCV is SAB. And I would like to spend some time on the lazy river, but I just don’t see the pool being somewhere we spend a lot of time. Thoughts? Opinions? I welcome them all. Thanks!

2 Likes

Are the 2 bedrooms at BCVs dedicated 2 bedrooms? Do you care that BWVs are lock offs?

1 Like

BCV is dedicated. Is there any difference other than the real bed v sofa bed?

2 real beds vs 1 bed one sofa, extra kitchennette, extra door.

I dream of this exact trip with my 2 sisters. As an AKL owner I would have booked at 11 months and want to switch to EP resort at 7. Also love BWV. But, I would book us at BCV if it was available because 1) we each get a real bed 2)the GV rooms at BWV can be a long walk away - great for HS, not EP and 3) storm along bay.

1 Like

Ugh. You make valid points. But BWV. That’s where I feel “home.” It’s not all about me though. I need to consider the other 4 in my crew. Or at least I should. Being a good person is hard.

1 Like

Well, someone could sleep on the under the TV bed, and the other can choose which fold out couch is the best? And, how much time would you be spending at the pool? Good arguments for BWV!

1 Like

I always sleep on the bed under the TV. My choice is always going to be BWV.

2 Likes

Other points not yet mentioned.

The villas building at the Beach Club is behind the main resort from Crescent Lake, and none of the rooms have views to speak of.

The 2nd bedroom in the lock-offs are also smaller because of the kitchenette.

But I think you should take whichever is available because they won’t be for long.

2 Likes

For the real bed situation, and because I’ve just been at BWV and had a tree for a view and found the room to be very very tired, I would recommend BCV. Almost no view at all there, but the real bed is the nicer accommodation for everyone in your group.

But also what @Nicky_S said - act now or you won’t have a choice at all!

1 Like

I can’t act until 7 months, which is in 30 days. There may end up being no availability and this whole conversation moot. Based on current availability at 7 months, I may have a slightly better shot at BWV than BCV. But yes, I will take whatever is available if it comes to that. Just some wishful thinking that I might have an option between the two!

2 Likes

BWV > BCV. And I like the slide better. (It’s faster) but yes the pool itself is better at BCV. However, I’d always pick a real bed over a couch bed. Always. I’ve slept on the chair bed and the couch bed at Treehouse Villas. I’d do it again to be at Disney but it wouldn’t be my first choice ever.

1 Like

So you’re looking for June?

BWV = studio + 1br and shows availability at 7mos of on average 3-8nights for the studio and 14nights+ for the 1br

BCV dedicated 2BR shows availability at 7mos of on average 0-2 nights for early June but then 9-13 nights from mid to late June

This is per dvchelp.com

1 Like

Looks like I may get my way by default!

Thanks for the resource.

Meant to reply to @OBNurseNH.

1 Like

I may just end up getting 2 1 bedrooms, which really jacks with the sleeping surface issues!

1 Like

Oooh, based on those charts, I even have a shot at a Boardwalk view!

I’m personally not a huge fan of boardwalk view… it can be noisy if you’re near the boat dock, and you mainly just get a view of BCV.

If there are 5 of you then the lockoff is the only way for everyone to have their own bed, if that’s a priority. A lockoff will have 5 beds total: 1 king, 1 queen, 2 couch beds, and the single pull down bed. A dedicated 2br doesn’t have the pull down, so there are 4 beds total.

1 Like

My waitlist for a boardwalk view came through! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Congrats! Thanks for the reminder, I want to set up a waitlist!

1 Like