Buyer Beware!

Seems like Disney have a real problem on their hands when they have to put out this kind of warning. This is at Disneyland but even so…l

What they’re saying is “we know our product is awful but we’ll sell it to you anyway”. Wouldn’t a company with more of a moral attitude just suspend sales?

https://twitter.com/ScottGustin/status/1515511825768538114?s=20&t=rL0dSJxAo8Cp2L6JE3op4w

3 Likes

So I’m lucky that every one of my attempts this morning to add Genie+ has gotten Donald Ducked?

1 Like

:open_mouth:
At least it seems they are facing reality even if they are not doing the right thing in light of it. Maybe there will be some changes in response to this?

4 Likes

Wow, this is crazy!! It works better at DL than WDW it seems so if it’s not recommended there, it can’t be recommended for WDW surely.

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Everyone says how great it is in DL, but it’s obviously having issues.

One thing I think is a problem is the push to add it to your ticket for the full stay so you have tons of people utilizing it that may not have before when you had to pay day of on arrival.

3 Likes

Or at least tons of people who are now able to use it, whether or not they do (and I can guarantee that there are those who have paid for it who have no idea how to use it, and those who forget they have it).

3 Likes

6 failed attempts to add it this morning.
Definitely not going to try to purchase it on a day-to-day basis and go through this every morning.

5 Likes

I added it to the length of our tickets when we booked.

To me it was an additional cost that we wouldn’t need to worry about when we got there. And because of the cost for the 14 days it works out that you pay for just over 9 days.

Psychologically I’m sure we’ll use it simply because it’s there. Whereas if we’d waited until each morning we probably wouldn’t buy it every day. I’m sure that’s true for many guests.

5 Likes

It’s a bad product. They need to fix this ASAP.

6 Likes

With the shift to Disney earlier summer hours, it made RD a lot less likely.
Makes me more likely to rely on LL to pick up those attractions

3 Likes

Why are you adding it now? Is it possible to add it now?

1 Like

I should be able to upgrade my tickets to add it for the entire 10 days of admission… right?

1 Like

Oh gotcha

But I don’t think you do it through Genie. I think you do that through the website.

Or can you add to all days in advance through genie

Genie pros - @Jeff_AZ and @bebe80 and @mikejs78 ???

3 Likes

No, I’m trying to buy it on the website… and they keep “ducking out”

Impressive.

2 Likes

To add to your whole ticket, you modify your park ticket to add the Genie+ option just like you’d add park hopper.

2 Likes

Right I just didn’t think you’d do that through the Genie app, which I thought he was saying but which he was not.

1 Like

OK added it to my tickets.

They wouldn’t process it when I tried to pay part of it with a Disney Gift Card.
Even though it read my card number correctly, pulling up the amount sitting on it.

Insert expletive of your choice Disney.

5 Likes

Buncha hosers.

7 Likes

I assume (big assumption, I know) that you get this warning if you are trying to purchase late in the day when virtually no LLs are left to pull. So it’s not that it isn’t recommended all the time, just that after a certain point in the day is is really not recommended.

But yes, it does seem like they should just shut it off after a certain % of capacity has been reserved? I guess there may be legitimate times where someone knows it is 4pm and they’re only going to pull a 10pm TeaCups LL …but that’s worth it to them?

1 Like

At least one tweet has been posted saying they got this before lunch.

1 Like