Bus stop order at parks

Are the bus stops outside of each park in a specific order? Or does it change?

For example, I read a lot that POP is the furthest stop a lot of the time. Is there an order at each park or does it change? If it’s pretty consistent, which ones are usually closest & furthest?

This really has no weight on my trip, but I am curious! I’m staying at AKL and have been thinking about what it will be like leaving the parks. Extra points if you present a map

3 Likes

it’s been awhile and someone could totally refute this, but seems like each park had a set slot for each resort…and they were all different. If not how would you know where to line up when there was no bus

It’s consistent. Drop off location often changes (ie your bus may not be going back to where you came from). But the spots don’t change - at least not often

I don’t have a map but I’m sure I have a photo of MK’s bus board

Here’s a photo of yesterday’s list at HS (on WDWMagic.com) :

ETA: I will add info on the order, as soon as I find it. It’s a zigzag order.
joelkfla described it best:
In the photos, you can see that:

1-8 are at the 1st platform, with 8 being closest to the walkway
9-18 are at the 2nd platform, with 9 being closest
19-30 are at the 3rd platform, with 30 being closest
31-40 are at the 4th platform, with 31 being closest

The layout is

8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
30 29 28 27 26 25 24 23 22 21 20 19
31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40
2 Likes

We stayed at Pop last fall and the bus stops were all different numbers at each park, but pretty consistently it was one of the furthest away at each park, including Disney Springs.

1 Like

I will say that when I stayed at AoA it was consistently the furthest, with Pop nearby.

I keep hearing this. How far of a walk is it from the exit?

Different numbers at each park, but consistently the deluxe resorts are closest to the park entrance and the value are the furthest.

2 Likes

We’ve walked a long way past others at DHS for the Contemporary buses. It is based on numbers, not category.

The bus for AKL at AK is ridiculously far away too!

2 Likes

Do they drop you off right at the entrance or in the designated spot?

Well that seems unfair. Animal Kingdom Lodge people should be the teacher’s pet at Animal Kingdom! :grin:

4 Likes

Honestly it’s not that far, but man after a day at the park, it seems so. far. away!

1 Like

The designated spot.

Far. Usually about a 3-5 minute walk from the tapstiles depending on the park. MK was the worst, HS was the least terrible. Everything is far in AK, plus the bus took over and hour to show up. And then the walk to the rooms (depending on which rooms) in AoA was very very far, also.

1 Like