Bus crowds in December

My family and I are going to WDW for the first time during December (Dec. 16-Dec. 23). We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I am just wondering how crowded the buses will be? We normally go in October and they aren’t that bad, but I am assuming since crowd sizes are at a 10, it’s going to be different this time around. How long are we looking at waiting in the morning for buses? We like to get to the parks before they open. Thanks for any suggestions!

Have you ever stayed at AKL when the resort is full? I Have stayed there when they have said the resort was full and I did not find the buses were any different. I think you will be fine!

Given that the resorts are at near-full occupancy pretty much year-round these days, I wouldn’t expect a big change in December.

1 Like

Thank you both for getting back with me. I just know that it is going to be a lot busier than when we normally go in October. Makes me feel better that the buses won’t be too much of a hassle.

1 Like

I can’t speak to buses at AKL specifically but I’ve stayed at Disney with a CL10 multiple times (at CSR, CBR, AoA, pOR) and almost never had to wait for multiple buses. Especially the first bus or two in the mornings there is always room. Sometimes there is standing room only, and sometimes I have had to wait a full 20-30 minutes for that bus to come along. But for the most part I haven’t had to wait more than about 15 minutes to get a spot on a bus. The only time I’ve not been able to get on the first bus that came along is if I leave the park at the same time as a whole herd of people, like right after wishes or illuminations or something.

1 Like