Burbank?

How much of a PITA is getting to BUR on a weekday? It looks like it’s the farthest airport from DL, but that flight time is way more convenient than the next closest one out of LGB.

1 Like

Google maps tells me typical travel time now (3:50 PM) is 1 hour 5 minutes to 2 hours. I would definitely err on the side of caution. Are you getting a car service or driving? I would hate making that drive. I might do it to save $$, but I wouldn’t like it.

2 Likes

I would definitely hire a car service. I originally booked 5 nights, but I think I’m going to shorten it to 4. The Burbank flight is at 7:40pm so I’d still get most of the day in the parks.

1 Like

Burbank is a great, easy airport along the lines of LGB (not new, but small and short security lines). It’s a hike, but I’d still rather go there than LAX, even though it’s probably about the same travel time.

If LGB is more than an hour later, Burbank will probably be worth the extra travel time.

2 Likes

So the LGB flight is at 4something which would be a much shorter park day, but if getting to BUR was going to take a few hours I would probably rather the earlier flight at LGB.

1 Like

I would plan on it taking you 2 hours to get to Burbank at that time of day just in case. I have traveled from downtown (Burbank isn’t much further) to Disneyland and back at various times and it is truly gridlock during rush hour. But bearable and doable if you give yourself a buffer.

3 Likes

Ugh. That sounds awful.

2 Likes

In LA, the longer the route, the higher the …

3 Likes

So true!

LT, you definitely need to allow for two hours to get there. It could be much less, but you never know. If the flights are four hours apart, and the drive to LGB is about 30 minutes, that means you are gaining 2.5 hours in the parks?

3 Likes

On the one hand, this means you will have to leave extra early because you will need to travel during rush hour. On the other hand, worst case scenario, if you are still driving by 6:30ish, the traffic will suddenly start to lighten and you will make it the last little bit fairly quickly. It’s one of those cruel ironies that leaving 2 hours early and leaving an hour early could get you there close to the same time. :joy:

2 Likes

If the flight leaves BUR at 740 I’d probably need to leave DL around 430ish I’m guessing. For LGB probably around 230ish.

1 Like

The airport itself is small and easy to use. Traffic though, it can take you an hour or maybe 2. Are there decent flights from SNA? You can still be in the park an hour and half before your flight. Right, @Julianne_fki? :rofl:
LGB is my second choice, great little airport and not too far.

4 Likes

Not for the points I have to use on it. Those flights are much more expensive for some reason.

3 Likes

Traffic starts around 2:30 and goes to 7 at least!

2 Likes

I used to sit in traffic everyday for work. But at least we inch along between 5-30 mph with stop and go. In southern CA, I feel like I spend more time sitting in traffic than moving! If there is an accident, then you really sit.

Traveling to Long Beach can have its traffic challenges, too!

Allow plenty of time to get to Burbank, more than what Google says.

3 Likes