Buffet recommendations

Hollywood & Vine and 1900 Park Fare offered the best food of the buffets I’ve eaten on recent trips. Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey’s had the smallest selection of things I found appealing.

1 Like

I’d have to totally agree here, on all counts. If they didn’t have the characters and charged less it would knock it out of the park. I thought it was an amazing buffet, and I don’t love buffets. So much to choose from and all of it fresh and hot and tasty. Well, some of it was cold too, intentionally.

1 Like

The only time my kids get to eat something other than what I make for dinner is if I’m making something very spicy for DW and I. Otherwise, the rule is you must eat at least 2 bites - and don’t come to me later saying you’re hungry - kitchen is closed.

1 Like

In addition to my highly recommending Tusker, my family of 6 really did love the Crystal Palace breakfast, and the characters were just a plus.

Exactly. Especially when they themselves choose something off a menu. On the other hand, I do want to encourage them to be experimental. My son has been ordering lots of new stuff with some hits and misses. If he tries it and doesn’t like it, I am at least willing to allow him to have some fresh fruit or veggies at home if he is hungry later. Other than that, take it or leave it, not my problem.

In our house, we had the “2 hour rule”. No food for 2 hours before or after a meal. If they’re still hungry after dinner, too bad. They should have eaten.

2 Likes