Budget for WDW

You’re confusing “cheap” with “gross”. :wink:

7 Likes

My dad is taking his grandkids (my kids who will all will be just over 10) with my wife, myself, his wife and her daughter (party of 8) for 9 night and we are in the 30k-32k range depending on food and any extra extras…but that’s without flights.

I personally would never spend anything close to that and have priced out just the WDW portion for my 5 at AA for $7500 for a week but that was when they were under 10 but again that’s without flights.

Nah… Gross is eating stuff like Limburger cheese. Cheap is reusing the items you have that are still good. Like milk. :smile:

That is gross unless you boil milk to sanitize!

1 Like

Nah. Have you ever really had “Cereal Milk?” It’s really sweet. And delicious.

Ok. I’m not really THAT cheap. But my wife sure thinks I am, unless it’s something I really want.

Delicious!

But we don’t eat or drink other family’s half eaten food.

1 Like

If I hadn’t outed myself earlier as NOT doing this, I would have said we each had a separate jug for each one of us. Eating after someone else spreads germs. And it’s just plain gross. Right, @ryan1?

Right. As usual. :grin:

1 Like

That is almost one year of tuition, room, and board at a 4 year college in California!

1 Like

Hard to store one container of milk for each person in a hotel fridge.

1 Like

I just looked at the lines app menus. CHH the cheapest entree is a green salad for $8.99 according to the app. If you had that and water it would be about $40 for 4 (after tax) just for a very light lunch. Some of the numbers I am hearing sound low to me. Disney regularly raises their prices. I except that $8.99 might not be right.

2 Likes

With no perks and an agency exclusive we were going to be able to do 10 nights for 6 (one 2 year old) people at CSR for around $13,000. That includes DxDDP, a rental car, flights, tips, a stroller, and a dog sitter. It does not include any extras like Memory Maker, MVMCP, dessert parties, or souvenirs.

Ultimately this is not the trip we chose to take, and our budget has been greatly increased. But, this is what we could have done. I will add, that DxDDP would have been for 1 of the 2 rooms, and worked out to $23/credit. Pretty good deal to basically not have to worry about food your whole trip!!

1 Like

We booked our trip/flights Nov of last year - and then updated to the free dining plan in Jan.
For our trip in 2 weeks for a party of 4 - 3 adults, 1 child we are at $6400 - no tips included yet. This includes 7 night/8 days at ASSports, DDP (free dining but upgraded from DQS plan), Memory Maker, 6 day park hopper tickets, 1 dessert party, MNSSHP and flights. Im sure we could have gone cheaper staying off site - but for our first time we wanted to be on site. Picked the cheapest hotel as we don’t plan on being there much except for sleeping and showering.

As I suspected, the cheapest entree is now $9.99

Columbia Harbour House 2023 Lunch/Dinner Menu and Prices - AllEars.Net

2 Likes

You pay $80/night for campsite and still come out ahead on housing! I must learn to do vacation rentals better.

So, do you just park your car at the campsite but never set up camp? You basically have nothing there?

This is critical information. I was seriously side-eyeing the budget until I read this. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I never even enter the camp ground.

Our budget this trip before food for my four girls and I:
$992 air
$516 van
$660 campsite
$1000 4-bedroom house
$1890 5-day PH tickets through a group
$515 ish for MVMCP

We will eat light breakfasts in the house. I have no problems cooking on vacation. Nothing gourmet, but how long does it take to fry a few eggs? Throw pan in dishwasher. Slip onto an English muffin.
Toaster waffles or a bagel and peanut butter.
(When whole family goes DH and I cook casseroles or pancakes etc. as a team. We are early risers and he likes breakfasts.)

I budget $15 per person for meal in the park if over 12 and $10 if under 12.

I will order a pizza once or twice.
We will pack a lunch for our DS day and our Holyland Experience day.

My mom and sister are also coming but paying own air and tickets

2 Likes

Ya my wife is stressing out about how much my dad is spending on us for this trip.

1 Like

For our next trip, this will be what we do. This time, we wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge. It is so beautiful there.

$40 for a pizza?