Bucket Trip UPDATE – Major Pixie Dust Moment

I miss the old reservation voice :frowning_face:

This one always feels like he’s yelling at me with his abruptness.

2 Likes

A couple of clarifying questions:

1. ADRs what is the window for arriving?

2. park hopping, do I have to tap in at the park I have a reservation with before being able to go hop to a different park at 2 pm? Or as long as I have a park reservation that day can I just go to any park at 2 pm as the only park I visit?

3. Is Crystal Palace worth getting an ADR - I’m questioning based on the blog about customer satisfaction? I was going there more for what’s on the menu (I think) so no characters isn’t a big deal.

4. Is there any currently available “must do” that I haven’t mentioned? (Food or experience). I know this is really open but just want to make sure I’m not missing something obvious.

Thanks.

Generally 15 min before or after. Source

• park hopping, do I have to tap in at the park I have a reservation with before being able to go hop to a different park at 2 pm? Or as long as I have a park reservation that day can I just go to any park at 2 pm as the only park I visit?

You MUST tap into the park with your reservation before you can hop. You can change your reservation day of subject to availability.

• Is Crystal Palace worth getting an ADR - I’m questioning based on the blog about customer satisfaction? I was going there more for what’s on the menu (I think) so no characters isn’t a big deal.

It’s gotten some good reviews from some quarters.

1 Like

I think with ADRs they’ll hold it for 15 min late and that’s it. If you show up early it’s really a question of how packed it is and you may very well have to wait till your designated time. Other times I’ve been seated right away even if I’m 30-45 min early.

Yes you have to tap in to park hop

Ah for me CP is okay. It’s not something I’d got out of my way for without the characters. But others disagree with me. It’s is good but it’s not memorable for its food imho. I would not call it a must do but if the menu appeals to you it’s certainly not a bad choice.

I can’t remember all your plans but for me must do’s include
MK - Space, BTMR, Splash, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Buzz, Peter Pan, Pooh, Little Mermaid and if you’ve never been a meal in one of the two castles (BOG or CRT)
EPC - Soarin, TT, Frozen, Spaceship Earth and at least one of the 360 degree films in China or Canada. Plus food (booths or a nice sit down) and Voices of Liberty bring me to tears. I like the scavenger hunts a lot too. Savor the atmosphere in WS.
DHS - ToT, RnR, RotR, MFSR, SDD, MMRR, TSM
AK - FoP, KS, EE, Dinosaur and for a first timer NRJ is pretty neat imho. It’s also a park like Epcot to savor the atmosphere and just explore the trails and animals.

1 Like

Have made some changes to park days. Wanted more HS time (so more chances at RotR) but no park passes available right now so need to get a little fancy but I think it will work. Added droid depot appt. Switching park days meant the day we were considering CP is now a rest day. Maybe we can go to Poly for a meal or WL. Not gonna worry about that now.

Today was the ADR day for the end half of the split and we got LTT and GFC easy. I think they weren’t offering any BOG because I was right on top and there was nothing! So Res finder here we come. Also, noticed it has a walkup waitlist which could be doable if needed.

I’m fully vaccinated today!!! DH gets his second shot next Friday!!!

6 Likes

Congrats and how freeing! I cannot wait. I’ve got a little under two weeks till shot 2. and DH is six days after me because he got moderna to my pfizer (we took first available)

3 Likes

Thanks for the list of must do’s.
We are in pretty good agreement on about 90% of your recs for MK, EP and HS.
AK - we probably won’t fit in FOP so unless the queue experience is awesome will skip though I will try the tester but not optimistic.
Would love to go on KS but have heard it’s very bumpy and DH can be sensitive to jostling so haven’t put it in our plan. We will try EE and I may preview Dino to see how it is. NRJ is a definite.

2 Likes

Yay!!! Thanks to mouse dining we just snagged our final ADR for BOG!!! This was actually MY #1 want as BatB is one of my all time favorite movies (and should have won best picture )!!!

I’m soooooo happy!

Also, have managed to get Universal tix and car service through one of the TP travel agents!!!

4 Likes