Hubs and I have a adult only trip next month, and we’re doing to DVC tour at SS. We have been doing exhaustive DVC research and are aware of many of the recent DVC changes to resale, point values, and the Riviera contract. I am pretty sure we’ve decided NOT to buy DVC and I will list why below. However, I welcome comments / or try to change our minds!
Why we won’t buy:
- We live on the west coast and airfare for our family of 5 can double the price of our trips.
- We have a cast member relative who can secure a room only reservation around 40% discount (for example: we stayed in a 2bd at CCV in Jan 2018 for 6 nights for about $3600).
- Resale restrictions on Riviera give us reason to believe that if we had to resell that the market wouldn’t be as strong as it is now.
- We loved our CCV trip, and I love planning them (and I plan ahead!), but availability and changes in our vacation habits might occur as the kids get older.
- Cost. I just have this nagging suspicion that I will have MASSIVE buyers remorse.
I would also love to get your thoughts on this question:
If cost is an issue: would you consider buying resale at an original 14 resort or would you recommend buying direct from Disney in order to have that “golden ticket” membership?
If you could do it again: what home resort would you pick and why?