Bringing a little Disney into Quarantine

I’m re-creating a different WDW ride for my kids every Saturday morning. After they go to bed Friday night, I prepare the house. Last week was It’s a Small World. This Saturday is TSMM. And then Jungle Cruise the following week.

6 Likes

How on earth do you do that?

Here’s a cute thing I saw. Sure wish I could draw like this:

Staying home and painting fantasyland ! 💓#disneyland #stayhome #Watercolor #fantasyland #disney
🌳🌲🌼💚🎠 pic.twitter.com/qat54NxWS5

— Emil (@HikariEmiru) April 5, 2020

Here’s a few more rides people have recreated! So creative!

1 Like

DS slowly making his way through the Imagineering in a box. I’ll put this on the next list. Thanks!

1 Like

My kids are 2 and 4 so the “recreation” doesn’t have to be exact. For jungle cruise (which I did this past Saturday because I couldn’t find anough Toy Story toys for TSM), I set up stuffed animals around the house, pulled the kids around on a Thomas the train toy attached to a jump rope, and told cheesy jokes as we passed each animal. I added some effects like a spray bottle with water as we passed the elephants and a stuffed animal crocodile that I tossed at them from the “water”. I confess it took me about an hour to write the script and my four year old only got half the jokes (DW, however, liked the jokes so that made it worth the time invested).

2 Likes

What lucky kids! It sounds hilarious, and fun to do. I hope you got some of it on video for posterity.

2 Likes

A Facebook friend of mine did this…

8 Likes

This is amazing! We are going to copy! DS and DD (and I) will love this. DW will be a good sport and participate.

2 Likes

Got this link in an email from Disney today if anyone didn’t. Lots of Disney Magic to explore…

http://t.vacations.disneydestinations.com/r/?id=h3f1bc557,4504a976,4047e934&CMP=EMC-1157933430|219980964&cid=PDM203631&bid=1058784599

2 Likes

Great free printouts to do an Epcot Egg Scavenger Hunt in your own home!

1 Like

I love this blog/account! I saw this today and was going to post here and forgot. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Another fun idea…let your kids set up a movie theater experience at your house…

This is from a Facebook friend…

Julia surprised us all by treating us to a family movie night to watch Onward. She spent hours turning our living room into a movie theater called HOMESTEAD CINEMA. She made signs, tickets, a seating chart, a ticket stand, gift cards, popcorn, free waters, and even treats and blankets for the pets! My favorite part was the meet and greet with a cast member at the end! We got to meet Guinevere) ! (Love that this break gives her time to be creative and that the big sister and parents just went with it 100%)

3 Likes

Watch “The Disney Family Singalong” Thursday, April 16 on ABC

More celebrity guests join “The Disney Family Singalong,” hosted by Ryan Seacrest, for a night of magic and music on THURSDAY, APRIL 16 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. The nationwide singalong event will feature celebrities and their families as they take on their favorite Disney tunes from their homes.

1 Like

Very enjoyable, but I struggled with the actual singalong part because I kept choking up. Also couldn’t help but notice many lines ironic to the current situation.

1 Like

Ok there is a series of videos on you tube called “Treadmill series” by runtheimpossible. I did the magic kingdom one tonight and it was pretty fun!!! Maybe blast your own disney music and watch it on mute but the pace was just right for me and it was so fun to see the park!

3 Likes

1 Like

We had a HEA dessert party last night at home. Put out a variety of desserts into mini-cupcake cups and mini-ice cream cones for the kids. They selected a bunch and then we went down to the basement, turned out the lights, sat close to the tv, and watched WDW’s recent post of the HEA show.

Afterward DD4 said … this makes me want to go to Disney World even more!

2 Likes

That is such a cute and clever idea!

1 Like

Thanks. It was fun.

I have also been doing a mock Disney ride for the kids every Saturday morning the past 6 weeks. This week was my version of Toy Story Mania. I pulled them around the house on a Thomas the Train attached to a jump rope. Each room featured a different character with toys set up and a game to play. Jessie’s round up was knocking down a stack of cups with a water spray bottle, Buzz’ buckets was tossing balls into buckets, Slinky Dog’s speed shooter was throwing balls into basketball hoops, etc.

3 Likes

Adorable Disney Mother’s Day spread with Tonga Toast And free downloadable coupons: