Breaking news masks

Yeah that was the other interpretation I saw. So can eat outside and in outside lines, but not in inside lines? :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This! My gramps puts water in the ketchup bottle because that’s what you did in the Depression.

3 Likes

I don’t think you’d be allowed to eat in outside lines since you have to have your mask on there and can’t distance as effectively while removing the mask.

3 Likes

Doesn’t it say they reserve the right to modify these any time, even without warning though? But yeah, it would also be fair to allow cancellation without fee up to check in date if it comes to that.

2 Likes

I think they rushed a little too much to get this out and it’s poorly worded. I think you probably have their intention but it isn’t clear.

2 Likes

I think they are going to have to clean up the language. If they don’t want me eating/drinking while walking outside in common areas where masks are optional they will have to say it explicitly. I’m a rule follower and their language doesn’t say otherwise.

4 Likes

I don’t see why you’d be required to be stationary to eat/drink if masks are optional outside. That doesn’t make sense to me. Because then the rule would be I could walk around without a mask but put a churro in my hand?! Sit down, sir! That would be weird.

18 Likes

yep… you get it :wink:

2 Likes

I would throw that out the window. I booked my tickets for Disney back in November 2019 for a trip in May 2020. My tickets were non-refundable. I don’t think they are going to accommodate me on what I was supposed to have when I go in November 2021. Although, fastpasses would be nice.

2 Likes

That’s me too. I’m a teacher and it was so hard to watch the science being ignored at times throughout all of this.

As restrictions have been lifted, I just have to remind myself that the science actually supports this now.

And I’m glad it does - for big meaningful reasons (and also because masks in June in FL were not on my bucket list)

3 Likes

My wife is very excited about this. We fly out 5/21. This seems like a good first step b/c I still can’t figure out how you do the whole “prove your vaccinated” thing correctly / well from either the person or the company’s perspective.

1 Like

We are supposed to be there on the 31st. It seems that there is no such thing as “prove you are vaccinated” as masks aren’t required for anyone outdoors now regardless of vaccination status, which is the problem with it that I have.
I am just as happy to be getting back to normal, but am really struggling with pulling the plug on now our 5th planned Disney trip while they changed rules two weeks before we are going that we finally felt comfortable with.

1 Like

Just re-read my message. I just meant making masks optional for everyone seems like the easier step at this stage vs trying to make people prove they’re vaccinated. I would find the latter to be very difficult to enforce and cause a lot of drama (mostly from guests).

After re-reading some of the comments, I do feel empathy for those currently on their trip or about to go with kids.

My wife and I are going w/o kids and with two other adults for this trip. I guess I would likely feel very different if this was a normal family Disney trip.

2 Likes

I agree completely. We are going in a couple weeks and I had agreed to and accepted the restrictions and now although I am thrilled to not have to wear masks outside, I am also worried about the people who might take advantage. It’s really just the quick changes that are throwing me! But I love that things are getting better overall and I truly feel Disney is right with this call - just hope people follow the rules and are nice to the CMs.

Have to admit, the thought of sipping my coffee as we walk around is getting me giddy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Temp checks are gone today, also. That’s a day early. Tents are still there, but no actual temperature-taking - per https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/15may2021-first-look-at-disney-world-with-no-masks-required-when-outdoors.htm and posts on Lines.

ETA: Sorry, this is the temp specific article. https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/walt-disney-company/news/15may2021-temperature-screening-ends-at-walt-disney-world-theme-parks-and-disney-springs.htm

3 Likes

Some morning news:

Disney World, Universal and SeaWorld all drop outdoor mask rules for guests, effective immediately

Visitors won’t have to wear face masks outdoors at any of Central Florida’s major theme parks, as Universal Orlando, Disney World and SeaWorld relaxed the COVID-19 rule effective today, sparking a mixed reaction among some fans.
Read the Latest

5 Likes

I just don’t trust a huge population of people to follow the science, I guess that’s where I take issue.
I saw companies are now announcing that no masks are needed if you are vaccinated… well do we actually think that a huge portion of political anti maskers are going to wear one ? Do we think if they are vaccinated? The “honor” system just isn’t going to work here.

I keep going back and forth here, not so much for myself but for my child who can’t be vaccinated yet.

I do support in a way Disney’s decision, however I hope they strictly enforce it. Last time I was there, they weren’t paying attention to what was happening in lines.

It does seem rushed though for sure and I feel bad for the families down there who are uncomfortable!!

12 Likes

oh… there isn’t any monitoring of attraction lines at all… but most of the lines are outdoors which is suppose to be safe.

So if I’m reading things correctly, at Universal: masks on when queueing up for any attraction.
But at WDW: as long as the queue is outdoors. no mask is required.

Correct?

nope… masks are required in queueing at both USO & WDW

as I understand it

3 Likes