Breaking news masks

Hopefully, it will help your friend a bit to know that at least everyone around her will have to be masked in all queues, attractions, and inside. That covers the places where Covid spread are most likely. And also, statistically speaking, at least 40-50% of the people she shares space with should be vaccinated. Hope she still has a good time.

Fully agree with everyone that Disney rushed this. Should’ve announced the decision but with an effective date further out

5 Likes

I was thinking about them having to stand at all the thresholds telling ppl to mask up… what a yucky job

5 Likes

Agree 1000%!

Yep. Enforcement is going to be… not fun.

3 Likes

Yeah I mean I personally am ok with those parameters and I’m sure she will be too, but it took a lot for her to feel comfortable even booking and now what should be a happy family trip is going to be filled with so much anxiety for her. She suffers deeply and I know this is going to be very hard on her.

4 Likes

I thought exactly that at first, but the flipside is that there are also many who are going now and will be thrilled by this and would be furious if it were delayed til after their trip when the CDC guidance is effective immediately. WDW is kinda damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

4 Likes

Anyone who treats a cast member badly because they want to whine about masks should be tossed immediately, no questions asked. No patience for anyone that harasses any line workers, Disney or otherwise

16 Likes

How long are you here? We are here through Sunday.

I am just hoping I can get out of bed in the morning. 26k steps today & I am feeling every one of them! :rofl:

4 Likes

Sending hugs to your friend. I’m sure there will be many people who will still wear masks outside. If she can perhaps double masking would help make her feel better.

4 Likes

We are here through the 24th! And 26k!!! That’s a lot of steps! Impressive.

Hey… had a positive thought: all that recent testing of the ugly water thingys at EC might mean something more there sooner than later???

2 Likes

@OBNurseNH I don’t think we can walk and eat yet though. It still says stationary. Any bets on how long that will last?

well if masks are optional outside you can walk and eat/drink outside :wink:

4 Likes

It has a specific exception still listed.

what?!? I missed that :frowning: bah!

2 Likes

At least that is what it looks like. I can’t tell because it’s not worded well. Take another look.

1 Like

I took that as when dining indoors you have to keep your mask on unless actively eating and stationary.

5 Likes

People knew (and agreed to) the requirements when they booked though. Now they are changing the requirements for people inside their cancellation window.

7 Likes

Right, I would think there would be exceptions made.

1 Like

I read this as I can eat/drink while walking outdoors

Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them in all indoor locations, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distancing. Face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas at Walt Disney World Resort, but are still required upon entering and throughout all attractions, theaters and transportation.

4 Likes