350 New DVC Cabins Coming to Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort &

Yeah I dont know what to think about this…we want to stay there in 2024 for the first time and hoping this doesn’t increase the price too much.

1 Like

@OBNurseNH posted this just a bit ago. I think they look nicer, and wondering if they become Deluxe does that get you evening hours?

I also want to stay here someday. I enjoyed the grounds when we did the horseback ride and archery. It was lovely and peaceful.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Whoops, sorry didnt see that posted

3 Likes

All DVC resorts are included in the extended evening hours.

5 Likes

Now this is exciting! Two of the 3 cash stays we’ve done since getting DVC have been Wilderness Cabins. The downsides for us were A. not a full kitchen (fixed), B. couldn’t use points (fixed), C. store & qs hours weren’t great. With the addition of DVC property perhaps they’ll get a revamped general store that might have better hours… that would make it nearly the top of the list for us.

4 Likes

I hadn’t seen it yet. Thank you for posting.

3 Likes

I can see how this is a good option for DVC members. It may totally suck for us cash paying customers though. I like the idea of an upgrade and the changes they will make to the resort are awesome. It is to this point considered a moderate resort with room for a larger family which is a great option for us as a family of five with older kids. Not many options like this in the moderate level. Moving to DVc will change the cabins to deluxe status which may make it not such an affordable option for us any more. I am wondering if it will now cost about the same as a one bedroom villa at other resorts? If it is the same as maybe SSR or OKW then it may be okay. If that is the case hoping the are not hard to book.

I guess we shall see what happens. It will be interesting to see this change happen as it is such a unique resorta and this is a very interesting change.

7 Likes

They say 350 new cabins, are there currently 350 old cabins or are they adding more?

2 Likes

Well.
I don’t have time to count them all right now.
But there are 28 loops
And Loop 28 alone has 69 cabins
So it seems quite feasible that there are indeed that many - perhaps more (if there are more now that could be a sign that they will make some of them bigger)

3 Likes

I had no idea there were that many, thanks

3 Likes

Honestly I didn’t either!

I may do an actual count or other research later. It’s Friday. I can appear busy but not be really doing much work

3 Likes

I am not sure of the exact number of cabins either but I want to say there were people saying that 350 was a decrease in the amount they have currently?

3 Likes

Here we go, no counting needed:

So it looks like a decrease of about 60 cabins, which might mean some of them will be bigger

4 Likes

Bigger would be better…or maybe just more space in between cabins which may be nice too. I am curious if all the current cabins actually ever fill up on a regular basis?

1 Like

I actually think there’s a good amount of space between most of them.

And yes, they do fill up, without question. Especially in the Halloween-through-Christmas season.

4 Likes

Looks like with less cabins and becoming dvc it may get fairly difficult to book during this timeframe.

2 Likes

It already is. So yes! It will become more difficult. And guess what thatmeans? They can charge more for the cash rooms (and it also doesn’t bode particularly well for points charts)

3 Likes

I guess we will have to wait and see when they release the points breakdown for the cabins. With them planning a 2024 opening wonder when they will release this?

1 Like

End of this year at the absolute earliest, more likely middle of next year for late 2024 opening given that we’re nowhere near any of that for Poly which is in progress.

1 Like