Breakfast using dining plan snack credits?

We have a 7-day trip with dining plan coming up in December. We’re planning on using all our QS and TS credits for lunches and dinners. We’re staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort. What’s the best way to turn snack credits into breakfast? We don’t usually eat large breakfasts at home (e.g. a bowl of cereal and a piece of fruit or a bagel or toast with peanut butter), but we’ll probably want something slightly more substantial.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Our usual plans for breakfast is to pack some of the cereal variety packs, bowls and spoons (alternatively you can order groceries for delivery) and then buy milk onsite and eat in the room. Quick, efficient and cheap. YMMV of course, but it’s an option to consider depending on what feedback you get on employing the snack credits…

We stay at POFQ so I like to have beignets for breakfast. You could have cinnamon buns at Gaston’s.

2 Likes

I can’t remember where I read it to give credit but someone suggested that you pick up cinnamon rolls or pastries with your snack credits on the way out of the park in the evening to eat the next morning.

2 Likes

I plan on using our snack credits at Starbucks each morning - Venti drinks for DH and I. We will get small breakfast item for DD and DS at resort before we leave. For a treat while at MK, Gaston’s Tavern Warm Cinnamon Roll (at $4.49, good value for snack credit since snack credits are worth about $5).

I was surprised how many items were considered snacks at resort for breakfast, but can’t seem to find a list of resort location snacks listed.

2 Likes

Animal Kingdom: Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery! One of THE BEST surprises as far as meals go from our last trip. We were not expecting much and we all loved it. Egg Wrap, Cinnamon Roll, Elephant Ear, and Coffees.

1 Like

So it turned out that a) we had a few QS meals that we didn’t need most days so we often ordered a couple waffles or pancakes before heading out and b) we had so many more snacks than we needed and so a couple of yogurt parfaits, bagels, croissants, and pieces of fruit as well as some coffee was more than enough to make a breakfast. (This was all at Centretown Market or Grab n’ Go at CBR).

If you are more of a savory person, I highly recommend going to Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France at Epcot for their ham and cheese croissant. It actually qualifies as a snack credit, and they do open when the park opens, unlike the rest of the world showcase. I had it for one trip, and now it has become a staple! It is the size of a dessert plate. They will warm it up for you if you would like. It will make you swoon! The last time I got it was January of 2019 and it was still just as good as ever!

1 Like