Breakfast Reservations at Steakhous 71 before MK Day. Parking Help

What are your recommendations for parking? Can I park at Contemporary for the day since we have dining reservations. We also have a handicap placard and plan to use a handicap space. Don’t know if that will effect anything.

I believe you can park at Contemporary with a dining reservation. Maybe @vcka can say for sure. I know they were rejecting people with mobile orders, but I think table service reservations are ok.

1 Like

Yes you can park at the Contemporary all day with a breakfast ADR. Just did this on 10/12.

2 Likes

If you want to park for the day, I think you have to use Valet service, IIRC?

1 Like

No, you don’t need to. If you have an ADR you can park there.

1 Like

I parked at CR for SH.71 breakfast two weeks ago and then took monorail to EC. The resort gate guard didn’t even look at my reservation on my MDE app and barely glanced at my ID. When you go through the resort gate follow the blue line around to the right. It will take you to checkin area. It’s kinda awkward getting in there, I asked valet if I was in the right place. Usually guard tells us to park to the left, but this was MUCH better. I haven’t tried getting in w/ a MO in a long while; just a few weeks ago a message would pop up for MO at resorts that only resort guests could order. Those messages are gone right now.

SH-71 is right there on that floor where you enter after parking too. SO close and easy.

2 Likes

All day? No more 2 hour limit?

There might be a 2 hour limit policy but no one said anything to me when I parked and I’ve not seen it enforced. Maybe when they move to full open things will change. I know they DON"T WANT ppl to use resort parking to avoid paying for it and that’s why they check for ADRs

1 Like

I think this is one of my red lines.

I have a real problem with not being able to park at a resort I’m staying at because of people who are parking there who are not staying or visiting that resort, it just seems incredibly selfish to me.

The first time it happened to us they gave us free valet parking. The second time though our car was valet parked across in the cast parking lot at MK, which was a pain in the behind the next morning when we wanted to get going, and had to wait for a CM to get across there and bring the car back.

4 Likes

I understand! When ever we go to Olivia’s for dinner… JUST dinner we often can’t find a place to park and have have to park in a guest room parking lot. My DH is always worried someone will not be able to park but their checkin parking area that is also for Olivia’s is ALWAYS full up. I will add, I never stay all day… 3-4 hours tops is my norm. I won’t feel bad about that. I’d be willing to pay to park at a resort instead of the park lots that are ginormous w/o trams right now. I’m paying the difference to park in preferred lot b/c I can’t walk from the boonies and in the park anymore… too old and beat up for that BS. If they had trams I would take full advantage of my free parking.

2 Likes

Oh I have no problem with people parking when they are actually at the resort, whether staying there or not. If you’re eating there, looking around or visiting friends then that’s great. But when the parking lot suddenly empties an hour after MK (or Epcot) closes, it’s annoying as #*@¥.

1 Like

Yes!!!

It’s supposed to be 3 hours I think? But no there’s no limit in practice.

Thank you for the very detailed explanation. I was struggling to find the information on their website.

1 Like