Breakfast poll

• Trattoria al Forno
  • Ale and Compass

0 voters

Pretty straight forward “would you rather”

1 Like

I’m not voting as I have not eaten at both, but I loved Trattoria when I ate there.

1 Like

Guy! Did you even see my pics???

3 Likes

In the current system Ale and Compass for the variety of unique items but precovid there was more stuff at trattoria and frikkin Princes. I loved my Precovid Trattoria Al Forno but when I looked at the menu last summer it seemed paired down a lot and NO princes lol. My kids says I gushed over Prince Eric. Lol.

Ale and Compass:

3 Likes

If gluten-free is a concern, Trattoria at least in the past has had more options.

1 Like

Agree, my response might be different if there were characters at TAF (and there are not) and if they hadn’t pared down the menu so much to be more or less basic breakfast food you can get anywhere. A&C offers more unique (and absolutely scrumptious) items - and it’s pretty inexpensive by Disney standards!

3 Likes

i have! those bacon pancakes are on my list if we go!

Those were great but the chocolate waffles were better :wink:

2 Likes

it is not an concern, but good to know!

i currently have Trattoria res, because i’ve already had breakfast at A&C, but admittedly, we were there with our kids, so it’s a blur and i remember nothing, and after seeing @OBNurseNH photos from her trip, i’m seriously reconsidering our choice. Assuming, of course, i can get a res for it.

2 Likes

i meeean, i know you said they weren’t over the top chocolately, but i just LOVE savory so much more than sweet!

1 Like

They come with a pile of savory bacon :smiley:

4 Likes

I actually preferred the bacon blueberry pancakes to the chocolate waffles but I think what I didn’t like about the waffles was the cherry syrup mostly so I might have liked them more if I hadn’t dumped it all over them. Lol. I wanted to try the stuffed French toast but the first time I went I wasn’t in the mood for breakfast and got the lobster roll which was good but not memorable. The breakfast is better for me but hubby liked his burger a lot.

I agree with @OBNurseNH right now unless Trattoria has revamped their menu A&C has so much more to offer with the unique offerings.

Mine had very little cherry syrup - which for me was perfect as I was nervous about the cherries, being rather picky about cherries.

1 Like

When is your trip? Before/after the changes to A&C?

1 Like

Since I did mobile order they gave me a lot in the to go cup and I just dumped it all over without trying it first. Stupid!

*wait was there syrup? I just looked back and saw only dried cherries but I remember syrup in my brain I couldn’t take off?!?

There were cherries that were IN a syrup so you may have had a bin of syrup in which the cherries sat. Mine was mostly cherries that were coated in the syrup

1 Like

my trip is 2/3-2/6, so i’m not sure! i haven’t heard about those coming.

This is too hard!! I love both. I love breakfast. So we have both on our list of ADRs.

3 Likes

Yes what changes @PrincipalTinker ?

From the Parks Blog post on Jiko/Flying Fish. Cape May buffets coming back and this:

Next door at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort starting Jan. 31, the Ale & Compass Restaurant is back with some returning breakfast options and exciting, new lunch offerings. Start off by indulging in one of the delicious à la carte entrées, like Blueberry Bacon Pancakes . And don’t forget to enhance your breakfast with a tasty buffet filled with dazzling additions to your entrée, including pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt parfaits, overnight oats, and house-made cheddar biscuits with country gravy. What a perfect start to your Disney day.

1 Like