Breakfast/brunch ideas for a rest day

Hi! First time forum poster. Thanks for all of the information in the posts. It’s been so helpful with planning.
We have plans to visit WDW the first week of June '21 with one, non-park rest day. I’d like to schedule an ADR for a late breakfast, possibly at one of the resorts to explore. We have teens, so characters aren’t a priority. We’re staying at the YC. What are your favorite places for a relaxing breakfast?

1 Like

There are SO many excellent choices! ppl have been raving about Topolinos (sp) at the Rivera (never been). I like Chef Mickeys but they jacked the prices up again w/ characters coming back. Lots are raving about the skillet breakfasts at Whispering Canyon too. Kona is good as well. Here’s a helpful link: Discover Dining Experiences & Options | Walt Disney World Resort (go.com)

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!! A great option since you are staying at the YC would be Trattoria (it’s on the Boardalk). It is currently not a character meal and the food is great. My favorite current breakfast though is Topolino’s at Riviera. It is a character meal though so I don’t know how your teens would feel about that. The food is fabulous. There is terrace with great views and I think Riviera is a beautiful resort. You could walk over from the YC to the Skyliner and ride that to Riviera.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! In addition to the recommendations above I love the Wave (maybe do a monorail tour after) or Kona at the Poly (macadamia nut pancakes or Tonga toast with Kona pressed pot coffee).

2 Likes

An important consideration will be whether you’re using your own vehicle, Disney transport, or ride share.

If you’re using Disney transport I would definitely stay “close to home”, particularly if it’s before 10am. Then Trattoria al Forno gets my vote.

If transport is not a concern(you have your own vehicle or are open to ride share) then I suggest Kona as well. You’ll be able to explore 3 (four if you boat to WL from MK) resorts that way. The other monorail resorts also have good breakfast but I love Kona.

5 Likes

Thank you! My DH is a sucker for a skillet breakfast.

2 Likes

I think my teens would pretend to be embarrased with the characters, but secretly would love it. :grinning: Thanks for the suggestions!

4 Likes

They might like the social distanced character meals then. The characters just walk around the restaurants and wave. Sometimes they will pose in the distance for photos.

5 Likes

We will have our car. We’ve decided to drive from Kansas. We may all take separate transportation home after the week is over. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t heard of the Wave, thanks for the suggestion!

Do you think the Wave breakfast in its current format is a top contender if I’ve only got a couple breakfast/brunch slots? I saw some pictures of the previous breakfast buffet and that looked pretty amazing, making the current scaled back menu look kind of meager.

1 Like

I am not a buffet person. I dream of the avocado toast! It is a high quality, reasonable priced breakfast for me.

3 Likes

I struggle hard with menu paralysis (a FOMO subspecies) so buffets let me try all the things. :upside_down_face:

Hmmm…the avocado toast? I had some that was really amazing in London so my bar is pretty high…I’ll need to go look for pics!

2 Likes

@PrincipalTinker. Oh ho! They have the avocado toast available on The Wave To Go menu…that could pair nicely with a walk-up rope drop strategy perhaps???

So this is the pic of The Wave avocado toast I found. Is it the onion jam that makes it stand out?

I found my picture of the one I had in London at Darwin Brasserie. It may have ruined me for avocado toast…(or it could be that it was paired with perfect British tea in an amazing rooftop garden…)

2 Likes

No, I think that is the vegan version (and it is what is on the online menu). This is what I dream of:

I also noticed their grits are not listed, but are included in one of the entrees, so they must be available.

2 Likes

Ah…now that makes more sense. The poached egg would definitely be missed! And is that melted cheese?!? So if I ordered online, I’d get the vegan one? :confounded:

These paired down menus feel like they’re trying to kill me with a spoon. I read a review, someone raves about a dish, I compare the old menu and current menu…sigh…

I keep telling my kids this trip we need to focus on what we CAN do, not what we CAN’T do. But it’s making restaurant scouting very challenging!

2 Likes

The wave seems to be able to do items in person that are not on the take out menu. I bet that is the case for most restaurants.

I am considering not making a Sanaa ADR and just ordering the bread service to go,

1 Like

I haven’t been, but I’m wanting to go to Sanaa just for the animals so the food is a bonus…the kids felt like our one full day at AK wasn’t enough last year so I want them to get their fill this year.

1 Like