BR Updates

Seriously I think it’s revered simply because it’s by Mary Blair.

It was created by her especially for the Grand Concourse at the CR resort. The theme of it is custom made for the space it’s in.

I guess to me it’s the “why” that makes it special, not the “what”. It’s not the mural per se, it’s the fact the artist created it for the resort, they didn’t just buy it from a catalogue of her work and decided it would go well there.

Regardless…I tend to agree that I think it would have been better if they had redone the rooms in the same Mary Blair-esque styling for the sake of consistency. If they want Mary Blair to “be” the defining element of Contemporary, then go all in!

Using the Incredibles (as much as I love the movie) just felt like a misstep. I feel it looks cheesy. The new rooms themselves, if you remove the Incredibles touches, look nice. Swap out the Incredible for some Mary Blair artwork, and I think it would have elevated the feel of the place.

The Contemporary is supposed to be a deluxe resort. Putting in The Incredibles drops the feel of it down to a Value resort.

1 Like

100% agree. I hate the Incredibles style with a passion.

I would agree the “theming” is all over the map. No sense of cohesiveness.

I do like the Incredibles theming in the rooms, though.

1 Like

Agreed. I am not a huge fan of her style, but I find it very intersting within the context of the tiem. And I love learning about her as an original Imagineer who was a woman.

4 Likes

I can’t find the test toom pictures either. I remeber them looking too Christmassy - all reds and greens, but doing a nice job of staying “woodland cabin”.

Found this from July last year:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMaSAyjBQfp/

Also this excerpt from Disney Tourist Blog, no pics though:

Wilderness Lodge’s Boulder Ridge Villas – Sometime in 2022, the Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge will receive a full refurbishment, including redesigned rooms. The specific date still has not yet been set, but we suspect it won’t happen until August or September and be done as quickly as possible.

There’s also no concept art for those rooms, but we’ve seen test rooms (that look fantastic). If those are the final design, expect something that melds elements of the current style plus that of Copper Creek with the functionality of the new rooms at Saratoga Springs.**

I don’t like the sound of that, sounds like IKEA with the Murphy queen bed. Hopefully there will still be some storage, I can’t remember if the 1-beds currently have the twin Murphy bed.

To follow up with what is going on here, this is a May update from Tim K

With a specific comment update:

Omg that is HIDEOUS. Absolutely horrendous. I wanted the refurb, but ew.

1 Like

1-bedrooms at BRV don’t currently have Murphy beds which drives me nuts. I’ve said it before but I’m not paying almost double points for a room with fewer beds! Hopefully the refurb addresses this (like at SSR). But I hope they keep Chip and Dale! And if they can improve the look a little I might buy there!

4 Likes