"Boys" things to do?

@kellymouse5 New at Magic Kingdom: A Pirate's Adventure treasure hunt - AllEars.Net

1 Like

Thanks @chilepeppr4!! Will definitely need to fit this into our Touring Plan.

1 Like

Hi @kellymouse5 – just now seeing this. It looks like you’ve got all the info you need, but let me just second this – the game is SO COOL, with such awesome effects. You’ll never look at Adventureland in the same way afterwards. And the cool thing is that all of these game-related special effects are taking place hidden right in the middle of everything, that you never noticed before. Two thumbs up. DD6.5 was crazy about it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My boys, 5 and 7 at the time, love the pirate cruise from the Grand Floridian. They were actually talking about it at breakfast this morning, 18 months after the fact. :smile:

1 Like

@chilepeppr4 great question! Thanks for asking it. I now have a few more ideas for DS who will be 6 when we travel. The cruise…I’d be a little apprehensive with him going on his own…how was everyone’s experience of it?

1 Like

@docmcstubbins he loved it!! He was still only 4 1/2 he went. We went and had breakfast at Poly while he was on it

3 Likes

Any other tips???

This past week my boys (3&5) LOVED the pirate adventure in Adventureland, and the Wilderness Explorers at AK. They really enjoyed the Boneyard Playground (although the slides were way too high/scary for them, they’d be great for a 7 year old). For attractions, the Swiss Family Treehouse is often overlooked but always enjoyed. There are lots of “boy” appeal characters, including Garden Grill meal with Chip and Dale, Pluto and Mickey, and meet and greets like Buzz Lightyear and the Tomorrowland Dance Party with the Incredibles and Frozone.
Things we didn’t do that they would have enjoyed: Tom Sawyer Island, the interactive pirate show in adventureland, SOTMK, and the HISTK playground area in DHS. I’m saving the Jedi Training Academy until they’re older and DH can come (he’s a big SW fan!) For other interactive things, Innoventions (both East and West) at Epcot is great for boys and girls, including Sum of All Thrills where you get to design, then test ride (in a remarkable simulator) your own roller coaster or bobsled ride.

1 Like