Boulder Ridge Villas Question

My FIL decided today that he would like to join us for our trip starting 1/28. Super excited to have him! But we did have to switch from the Boardwalk Villas to the Boulder Ridge Villas to make sure we were at the same resort. Does anyone know if all of them have been renovated yet? If not, does someone have an idea of the rooms that have been so I can request a refurbished villa?

Totally understand it is not guaranteed, but feels worth a try. Thanks all!

When is your trip? I believe they are working on the last section.

1 Like

We will be there 1/28/2023-2/1/2023 so we leave in 2 weeks, he turned 70 today and changed his mind on coming :smile:

1 Like

You were able to move to BR on that short notice? That seems like they are opening renovated sections.

1 Like

I hope that is the case! I saw photos of the refurbed rooms and they look so nice.

We booked Boardwalk months ago and I was worried, but we were able to modify to a 1 bedroom villa at BR this afternoon. For us our only cost was the ticket price change, but I was worried about leaving my FIL alone at a separate hotel from us.

1 Like

I hope you have a great trip! I bought DVC because of my love of WL. What a great resort!

2 Likes

Thank you! We are very excited. My FIL loves the National Parks so it seems pretty magical that the switch worked out!

3 Likes

I think if they aren’t completely done yet they are at least close enough that you’re pretty much assured a refurbished room. They are starting on BC soon so I’m assuming they only doing that bc they are wrapping up BR now.

2 Likes

Awesome!! Thank you for the feedback. You all are making my husband very happy. Our kids (2&4) will also love the Mickey bed for sleeping :blush:

2 Likes

Are the Boulder Ridge refurbs complete now? Trying to help my sister with some March 2024 plans. The pictures look like they are, but the description still lists a pull out couch instead of the Murphy bed, so was wondering if they were still in progress and if so, when they are scheduled to wrap up.

1 Like

I had seen an answer, with photos, a few weeks ago to explain this. I think it was because some of the rooms on the top floor had dormer windows, with shorter walls in areas, that would not have room for a Murphy bed. A sleeper sofa still fit there.

2 Likes

Yep, this ^^^^^

The top floor, which could be 4th or 5th depending on which wing, will still have the sofa beds for that reason.

2 Likes

Thank you both! Now a slightly off-topic question: when are the Boardwalk Villas refurbs supposed to be complete?

Looking at the availability over the last few months, it appears to be complete around mid-March?

1 Like