Booking is currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later

Completely spaced on this despite having it in my calendar but was still able to get all of our first choice rooms for a few 2023 weekends just now.

In case this is helpful to anyone having the same cluster* of an experience with the website: using Chrome on my PC was not working at all. I kept getting errors whenever I tried to check out or my cart would just clear itself out.

Switched to Safari on my phone and everything went smoothly (although slowly!).

Aaaaand it’s also my ADR day for an August trip and that is a disaster as well on both the app and website (via safari again) but was eventually able to book after MANY tries. I think I also put a lot of things into a temporary hold with all of the refreshes. That or there is a day in August where T-Rex is absolutely slammed…

1 Like

no no, you didn’t. I’ve been hearing rumblings a out “june 8th” for a few weeks now so I thought deals were dropping today. Then when I logged on earlier and saw nothing I was confused and then this thread popped up and confirmed everything was just bookings.

I was just expressing the general disappointment.

2 Likes

You can always follow me to Universal! They’ve got deals! Hotels for Labor Day weekend are under $100! (just sayin’! :wink:)

8 Likes

Yeah, I know the feeling. I always want discounts months before they are actually released. The wait is hard!

1 Like

This is straight up amazing how the tables have turned. UOR’s site only a few years ago was borderline unusable. But now…

I love they’re posing a threat to WDW like never before.

I really do need to get over there at some point. Honestly, at this point, I don’t even know why I’m not.

Hmmmm

6 Likes

They’ve overhauled their website and app during the last two years. IMHO - Once you’ve played with it for like 30 minutes you get it. Sometimes, you still have to go through 3 sub screens to get to the menu or showtime you want if you have to do a generic search term.

This year, they’re working on the hotel bookings page. When you book it directs you to the older page for a spilt second before redirecting you to the newer easier to use booking page.

IMHO - the Universal app is more streamlined and you don’t have to stare at it all day to enjoy your time in the parks!

2 Likes

When I was looking at a package in 2018(I think), it was so disgustingly complicated. All I wanted was an HP-centric package and I couldn’t, for the life of me, figure it out.

Then I look at Disney’s site with a basic linear progression of getting tickets and hotel, then free DME and it just made the decision easy.

But like I said, now? UOR Ain’t suffering any of those drawbacks anymore.

4 Likes

Because I’m happy with AKL and I don’t want to bug my TA more than necessary (or feel bad that I decrease the commission by changing to a cheaper resort). Or take the chance that AKL is gone by the time I decide.

(Plus I keep watching to see if Poly pops up at all since word is out that Kona won’t be open then…)

1 Like

When are Spring (March) incentives typically released? I booked today at rack rate just to be sure I got what we wanted for Spring Break, but I will be looking for a deal to apply (if we don’t buy DVC).

Use this link to find historical release dates:

3 Likes

That’s really helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

Aaaaaaand Poly is available… Not with the D+ deal, but… SOOOOOOO tempting…

2 Likes

Anyone else been able to book? It the same problem I’ve always had when trying to get pricing, including before today. Soon as I go to cart it’s empty. Tried 3 different devices.

1 Like

I booked a resort stay for March 2023 today on the WDW website using my desktop? Are you still having problems?

Booked several trips today. Used incognito on a laptop with Chrome. Occasionally a bit laggy but able to get it done without frustration

2 Likes

Not just resorts; I’ve been trying all day to book an ADR and haven’t been able to.

Yes I had a message that ADRs were down when I tried.

Incognito alone wouldn’t complete. Was finally able to with incognito, but had to log out of MDE app, Disney+ app before then.

1 Like

Their team is seriously amazing. I went to a training last Friday at Universal Hollywood and WOW.

They are coming for Disney. Their system is a dream, no long hold times and they will still do air in a vacation package. Disney won’t, and their hold times stink.

Also, rack rates for Pop next year are hitting mid-$200’s?! That’s insanity. I get a two-bedroom villa at Sheraton/Marriott for that AND points towards free nights, etc. Granted I have a car in Orlando and have friends who tend to hook us up with some fun stuff, but still. I don’t see the benefit of on-site at all anymore.

6 Likes

I had to call in to make a Volcano Bay cabana reservation the other day and, having been through a lot of Disney calls lately, did all of the same little preparations: found my earbuds, made a drink/snack, settled in to do some emails while I waited etc
Then the weirdest thing happened: they picked up the phone immediately! I was so surprised that it took me a moment to unfluster and tell the rep why I was calling.

7 Likes