Booking a split stay

Ah, sorry. A quick look on the U.K. site, and that was the deal being advertised. “Book 2 weeks and get fee dining”. I didn’t delve any further.

Does this change if the hotel stays are booked with DVC points?

No, it actually would make it easier since your tickets would not be part of a package.

2 Likes

Thanks. Our DVC points reservations are point rentals. We have 3 consecutive reservations all booked through rental agencies using different owners.

I was concerned about needing to “link” the reservations together something only the owners can do. I do not want to ask a rental agency to contact an owner to link our reservation to a DVC point rental made by another agency.

AKV 5/21 - 5/23 this reservation was made recently (booked through DVC Rental Store)
BRV 5/23-5/28 this was the original reservation made 11 months out (David’s DVC Rentals)
OKW 5/28 - 5/30 this reservation was made recently (booked through DVC Rental Store)

The short stays were booked to accommodate different people (one arrives early and leaves early, the other arrives late). The different rental agencies were selected for purely pragmatic reasons. I have been quite happy with the both David’s and DVC Rental Store. David’s charged $1 cheaper per point so we put our initial request in there. DVC Rental Store was used for the short stays because they deal with transactions of fewer than 50 points(9which both these 2 day stays are).

As long as your tickets are separate you can make FPs on the first day. ADRs are what DVC can link and override for owners.

2 Likes

Does it matter if the guest list varies a bit between reservations? We have 3 people (my parents and myself) on all 3 consecutive hotel reservations. My sister is only on AKV and BRV (reservations 1 and 2) and my bf is only on BRV and OKW (reservations 2 and 3).

The AKV and OKW are studios and can only accommodate 4 guests so we can’t add the rest of our party to each room reservation.

Will Disney’s system allow my parents and myself to make FPs for any day encompassed by our 3 hotel reservations? We all have 5 day them park tickets. My parents and sister will be using theirs from 5/22 - 5/26 and my BF and I will use ours from 5/25 - 5/29 (the tickets are not date-specific; they were purchased before that change).

As long as you’re all linked on MDE, then you can book for everyone 60 days out from your check-in date.

1 Like

Excellent, thanks. We are all linked together. MDE groups us together at the top of the page saying something like “We’re planning together”.

We got everyone linked together 2 years ago for a 2017 trip so we should have no issues. I am slightly paranoid with the different schedules this time. Last time, we were all on one hotel reservation for the duration of the trip.