Boma vs Kona for breakfast

Which one do you prefer? And why?

I haven’t done either, we cancelled Kona last trip for our last morning as we hadn’t packed. But it seems a lot more convenient to get to. DS loves buffet breakfasts but unless we uber it seems like a PITA to get to Boma.

1 Like

If I was using the dining plan I would lean towards Boma, but since I’m paying out of pocket for our July trip we are opting for Kona. It is a non park day where we will be hitting Blizzard Beach after breakfast.

1 Like

We’re going on a non-park day too. Just made a Kona reservation. It’s late in the morning though, 10:45am. Will that just be scraps or still decent?

Why do you say that? For both Boma and Kona you get there the same way: use Uber/Lyft/Minnie van or go to a park and transfer to the resort bus.

I haven’t done Boma - but we really need to! It gets great reviews. People often compare it to Tusker House, so if you like that you’ll love Boma.

We did Kona on our last trip. It was a nice relaxing breakfast to start the day. I enjoyed the full table service experience vs buffet and the food was delicious. Our reservation was at 1005; we were a little late arriving at 1015. For us it was our late-start Epcot day; doing it on a non-park day would be lovely too. I love a nice slow and easy breakfast after a nice sleep in and a non-rushed morning.
Nothing about the service or food at the late hour was “less than” and there were still plenty of people enjoying breakfast when we left an hour or so later.

We waited forever for a bus from AK to AKL for Boma dinner, and almost as long for a bus back, and it seemed to take a lot longer to get to AK than MK from POFQ. Maybe I’d feel differently if we’d got straight on a bus.

Anytime I’m going to resort to resort it’s just easier to take an Uber or lift or taxi or minivan. Having to go on a bus to a park and get another bus takes forever and is worth it to me. Give that a try next time!

That particular time we’d been at AK all day, but if we do any resort meals next trip I might. If we do then actually it will probably be Boma breakfast, but I was thinking a late breakfast after doing Pandora at RD.

1 Like

Love late breakfast. We used to do early but we couldn’t one time and so got late one after early touring. Was perfect! We were actually hungry by then!

2 Likes

We usually only do one breakfast a trip and always get the latest reservation before menu switch. Trying Boma next week!

2 Likes

It will not be a problem to get a late breakfast.

1 Like

I have had breakfast at Kona and Boma. I will admit that I ate at Boma the morning after a Jiko dinner, so that may have influenced my opinion of Boma. I have returned multiple times to Kona. I have never returned to Boma.

2 Likes

I have eaten at both and like both. I think whether you want a buffet or not would make a difference. I personally love the buffet at Boma for lots of reasons but the two big ones are goat cheese scrambled eggs and bread pudding french toast.

2 Likes

I have eaten both, and tend to lean towards Kona, especially for the uniqueness of the food. The atmosphere at Boma is charming, and the Boma-specific options are delicious, so I don’t think you can go wrong.

2 Likes

I’ve debated it a bit myself for my just-planned-yesterday trip…

Kona has mimosa flights.

Boma has a great variety of food.

I’m leaning towards Boma IF I do one mainly because I got vibes from my server that she’d rather just get me out of there since I was solo and on the Dining Plan (even though in most cases I ADDED to the tip) whereas my server at Boma was great and kept checking on me and would chat a bit. In a case where things are pretty much equal, the place where I had better service is likely to win out.

(Oh - plus I can grab some gluten-free zebra domes if I go to Boma…)

1 Like