BOG vs Crystal Palace vs Chef Mickey vs [?]

No need. Somewhere I’m sure I saw that you have acknowledged the failure.

Although you’ve just given me an idea. From henceforth, your planning escapades shall be known as Profgate.

4 Likes

This thread seems to have taken on the character of this scene:

“Did you change the ADR?”

“You’re goddamn right I changed the ADR!”

2 Likes

Not sure which thread to reply to, but for the conversations regarding the pros/cons/benefits/risks of the solo traveler, the ability to change a plan AT ANY TIME just because YOU SAY SO (and by golly who cares that you didn’t like CRT last time and it costs $80!) is probably the #1 bonus of a solo trip!

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That, and La Cava for as long as you want, whenever you want to. Just sayin’… :relaxed:

It’s only money. You can’t take it with you. Etc.

Totally seconded. In fact, I submit that any further threads related to planning this trip be titled in the format “Profgate: What…?”

Well this thread has been very interesting and instructive. But there was just one more change I’ve been thinking about making.

As you’ve all been so kind and thoughtful, I’ve really wanted to show my appreciation. So I decided I would invite you all to join me for dinner at Victoria and Albert’s — at the Chef’s Table. Obviously I would cover your transportation costs (business class flights and Uber Select) as well as two nights at the Grand Floridian (Club Level) and park hopper tickets for the three days of your stay with me. Plus spending money to cover the costs of your other meals. (Naturally I’ll be paying for our dinner together at V&A.)

But then I realised how angry you’d all be if I did this. You’ve rightly been strict about me making changes, and this set of changes would just be selfishness on my part. I see now how right you’ve all been about this.

I’m drawing a clear line. The change from CM to CRT is the last one until 1st May. No more changes.

So my self-indulgent plan to bring you all to WDW with me is cancelled. I know how proud of me you’ll all be.

It feels so great to make you all happy in this way.

:smiley:

2 Likes

Actually, if you just skip the V&A part of your offer, you would no longer be in violation. So you can proceed with the transportation costs and two nights at the Grand Floridian (Club level) and the Park Hopper tickets. None of those things would involve changing YOUR plans.

Thanks! Looking forward to it!

I’d be stealing from you if I did that. The whole point is for us to break bread together and for you all to enjoy my sparkling company. You’d all be so bored sitting around in your suites at GF and wondering aimlessly around MK.

It’s been such a tough decision for me to cancel all these extras, but I know I must be strong, however much it hurts me personally.

You really need to think outside the box. We, as a group, would simply follow YOUR plan as you already have it. When you make your way to Space Mountain, for example, we will simply do so as a group. We could even stop to buy Mickey Mouse Ice Cream sandwiches together. That doesn’t involving changing any plans whatsoever. Then we would get to experience YOU! What could be a greater gift than that?

2 Likes

Ugh. What a disaster! I tried to make the reservations but there’s simply no availability!

What rotten luck!

Indeed. I guess we’ll all have to settle for some other resort, then. Art of Animation, perhaps, or Wilderness Lodge. It is a sacrifice we’re willing to make in order to become closer to YOU.

1 Like

I don’t find the food in any of those areas a “MUST”. As the Contemporary is very close to MK - getting back is very easy. So I may suggest for your “friend” something nicer.

Perhaps your Friend would enjoy something at the Poly or GF. If your “friend” isn’t interested in characters - I would stay clear of the character meals as the food - is well - aweful and it is usually loud. Perhaps a nice restful, relaxing lunch somewhere else may be more inline

I wasn’t sure before, but now I know you’re joking around with me.

I — of course — was being entirely serious, as I always am.

But I wouldn’t put my worst enemy up in AoA.

But I’ve enjoyed the joke. Very funny. Imagine it!

I did consider those options, but I kept coming back to CRT. I know it’s flawed. But there don’t seem to be any options that really delight me. But — emotionally — CRT feels best.

Well, okay. Now I’m just hurt. So hurt in fact, that I don’t WANT to come to your stupid “get to know profmatt’s glory better” party.

I really can’t understand why you’d be hurt.

I said:

because I don’t generally go around paying for my worst enemy to have delightful stays in wonderful hotels.

Obviously.

That begs the question: if you did pay for your worst enemy to have a delightful stay in a wonderful hotel, would they still be your worst enemy?

They probably would be if it were somewhere ghastly like AoA.

:rofl:

Because, since you think that I was merely joking about Art of Animation, and that you wouldn’t wish that hotel upon your worst enemy, you are implying that I am nothing better than a low-life if I had actually been serious. So, while you presumed I was joking, the fact that I wasn’t has led to me being hurt. Almost fatally so.

Sniffle

Sniffle