Bog lunch--is it that hard to get?

I have been “practicing” getting ADRs for our upcoming trip (October 10-17). We are not even trying for BOG dinner, but would like to do lunch. Every day I have tried to look at 6 am for 180 days out, there’s nothing available. Does it go that quickly?

Yes, since lunch and breakfast are new ADRs, I would expect them to usually be gone by 180 days. Are you staying on-site? If you have an on-site room reservation then you can make ADRs for your entire length of stay (up to 10 days) when you hit 180 days out from the first day of your reservation. Start looking for BOG for the later days of your trip as soon as your dates open up. If you are staying off-site, then you can only make the ADRs one day at a time.

Don’t worry too much if you don’t find one though. Lots of people book just-in-case ADRs and then cancel them. Check back often. You might not see anything open up in the first 3-4 months, but as your trip dates get closer people will cancel. Good luck!

Thanks, we’re not staying onsite this time. I was just surprised that even at the stroke of 6 am, while I’ve been able to see availability for everything else I’m planning ('Ohana, Tusker House, etc), even at undesirable times, for BOG it’s been like they don’t even exist.

I’ll be working on these for real next week when I hit 180 days, and if I don’t get it that morning, I’ll keep trying!

1 Like

And yeah, as of this morning, there were 8:30 breakfast and 11:15 and 1:15 lunch tables for 4 open for tomorrow. I’m not below getting a table for some of us and sending the others to CHH!

2 Likes

I am having the same issue, but I thought that I read that BOG breakfast would only be available 90 days out? Is it possible that is true for lunch also?

I cannot get anything for BOG for October 7th (breakfast or lunch) for just four people but can get a lunch reservation for 10 people for July 9th. For now just keeping my fingers crossed that as it gets to 90 days there will be availability.

Breakfast at Be Our Guest is currently a trial phase only through June 18, 2015 so you will not be able to make ADR’s for any dates after that at this time.

1 Like

I just did part of my ADRs this morning. I was online when the system opened at 5:00 a.m. local. BOG lunch was the first reservation I got. As of right now, same day, same time, there are still ressies avaliable.

I think you will be ok, if you jump on it early.

If you can’t get it the first time keep checking. We ended up booking our trip after the 180 day mark and I was able to get 2 BOG lunches. As soon as I am able to make our FP+ reservations I will release the one I don’t want. I’m sure I’m not the only one. I don’t feel guilty doing this because I will be letting the extra one go at the 60 day mark. I’m sure someone will be able to scoop it up and they will be very happy!

1 Like

Here’s something I’ve wondered. When booking and you get a choice of times, are all those times “out of the pool” until a choice has been made (or a set amount of time passes)? If so, it would be adviseable to keep trying for the rejected choices as tbey go back into the system. I will say as a west coaster having a TA keep me from having to wake up at 3AM was worth it on its own.

1 Like

I’ll also chip in to say: If at first you don’t succeed, KEEP TRYING.

I got up early 180 days out to book my ADR’s for the 1st week of Sept. (4 people for each). The only one I couldn’t get was dinner at BOG. While I was disappointed, I decided to keep checking each day (not early, just during the day at some point) to see if anything had become available at BOG on the one night I left open. Then about 3 weeks later…bingo! Not only was there one opening on the night I wanted, but actually a few that night.

If you don’t get it right away, keep trying.

1 Like

I didn’t get my BOG today for Oct 11 (it was like the whole system was down, I couldn’t get anything), so moved our break earlier and will plan on eating lunch out or at the house. I got 10 + 6 reservations at Plaza at 5:10 which should work well. This is the best 10 pm MK day for our stay; we aren’t doing mnsshp.

I’ll keep on trying for our two other MK days, if not at first, then every day after!