BOG Dinner Change

Wow, menu looks delicious! Now I wish our breakfast reservation was a dinner reservation, but then I would have to figure out what two dinners I would want to drop. Hmmm, things to think about.

1 Like

Yeah, that looks amazing. Was lamenting the fact that I have reservations during MVMCP and was trying to switch to lunch, but I may keep them now.

Kids may not like it though.

1 Like

I have reservations for August 9th and am pretty excited. The desserts look amazing and I can’t wait!

I have shellfish, tree nuts, and mushroom allergies and Disney is consistently great about it. For buffets, a chef usually shows me around to point out things I should avoid.

I will say I think there’s a lot more interesting items on the new Be Our Guest menu for me than Cinderella Royal Table’s dinner menu.

1 Like

I did find an allergy menu somewhere…

Ah. wdwnt’ ms Instagram story is where I found it.

1 Like

Oh no! The escargot are not GF! I’m a bit disappointed.

Thanks for finding this, though.

1 Like

You’re welcome. It might be worth asking if the reason is simply something like a crostini that could be left off.

That is true. I’ve been to places at WDW that would alter regular meals for me. Now that I have seen the allergy menu, I may wish to add that to our trip, but then which ADR would I drop? And could I even find one for the date that we are there? Hmmmm. Only going to MK on 12/26

1 Like

Set up the reservation finder. Anything is possible.

1 Like

I’d need to get DH to agree. We’d have to drop a signature restaurant or two regular meals. Or pay OOP. It will be DD’s birthday, so I’d have to get her to agree as well. I don’t know…

2 Likes

I just noticed that not one of the desserts is without tree nuts. Not that I can eat desserts anyway, but why would they not have something for people with a tree nut allergy?

1 Like

I don’t know.

I understand the frustration - there are a couple of menus on DCL that have no gluten-free dessert options. I end up resorting to a Mickey Bar those nights.

Having read the dfblog review I am tempted to try it. Maybe :disappointed:.

1 Like

I am wondering how accurate the allergy menu is. For example - what kind of tree nuts are in French onion soup?

For lunch the master’s cupcake is served “without garnish” for tree nut allergies so I’m guessing the pearls or chocolate square have tree nuts?

Maybe in the oil to fry the onions or Palm oil in the chocolate?

The idea that the allergy menu is not accurate would be rather scary. I can’t think what would be in french onion soup that has tree nuts, though.

I’ve generally found Disney (both park and cruise line) allergy menus do be pretty accurate. If they have it marked as not tree-nut safe, there is likely something in there. That would, however, be an example of asking for a modification for gluten-free. They do it at lunch - just leave out the bread/crouton.

At least they know that farro is WHEAT and therefore NOT gluten-free. Royal Caribbean did not - they had a risotto with farro in it labeled as gluten-free, and my head server even responded to my polite pointing that out with “No, no. It is safe. It is in the wheat family, but it is safe.” Thank goodness I knew better. Had it been 2 years ago when my wheat allergy was just diagnosed and I was leaning heavily on my servers to help keep me safe on a RCCL cruise, I might have listened. (And talking inaccuracies, they also did NOT have a caprese salad - literally mozzarella and tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar - labeled as gluten-free.)

Yes, I trust Disney about having accurate allergy menus. I just can’t figure out what would be a tree nut in soup. However, I don’t really want that anyway. What I want is the escargot!

That is so scary! It’s a good thing you use your common sense. What happens when you eat wheat?
That is scary indeed.

1 Like

Tell me about it! And believe me, when I wrote them after the cruise with my “glows and grows” as I call it, I made 100% sure to mention the mislabeling AND the lack of knowledge of the head waiter. At best he needs to be educated on what gluten-free fully means and that farro is indeed WHEAT and cannot be served to someone who is gluten-free.

Two years ago, my doctor took me off because in spite of taking symbicort my air flow never seemed to increase. I asked her about her thoughts on gluten-free for weight loss and she looked at me like a light build went off and said “Have you ever been tested for a wheat allergy?” I said “Well, technically when I tested for peanuts - which I know I react to with wheezing and itching and a rash around my mouth - they said I tested positive for wheat. But I didn’t think it was right because I don’t react like that or anything when I eat wheat.” She said “Let’s try going gluten-free and see what that does…” Never even had to go near my rescue inhaler - which at best of times was once a TKD class, and if I was having allergies or a cold was before AND during - and my air flow increased. She was like “Hope you like that life, because you’re now permanently gluten-free” when I reported my experiences and she tested my air flow.

So best-case it would just close up my air flow a bit and make me wheeze. But having been gluten-free for 2 years and a couple of months now, I kind of worry about what my gut would do if I ate it. So I just avoid period.

Not good. That’s what tree nuts and peanuts do to me. My understanding is that continually eating allergens could turn it into something much worse. Like I’ve been nut free for a couple of years. When I accidentally ate pecans last year at Thanksgiving, I had a much worse reaction than I used to. Staying way far away from them in the future.

1 Like